IGNORED

The Aussies

Aussie Annie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy it's hot, gonna be 107 in Vegas today.... So not going to ride to Grand Canyon!

I remember way back in the late 60's I was in Vegas on business. The morning was fairly warm, but by the afternoon it hit 114degs in the shade. :scorched:

My biz car was dark green with a black interior. I couldn't even touch the steering wheel and the AC was not keeping up. So.... I drove down the strip and when I went passed the Circus Circus I saw these huge AC units around back. Went in and sat down at a Black Jack table with $5 bucks, and played for the next six hours. I was all over the place. up a $100, down to $1, and back up again. The free drink waitress probably did better than I did.. :) The sun finally went down so decided to head back to the barn. Got up from the table and went over and cashed in my $5 chip..... :big-grin-emoticon:

Have thoroughly enjoyed our time with utadventure and Jan. We enjoyed an 8 hour ride day on Monday. Went to the movies and watched "Red2" and had a good laugh, and we have had ice cream at Leatherby's.

Thank you so much :thumbsup2:

Packing "gunboat" (the trailer) today and heading off early I the morning

GALENA HERE WECOME! :clap2::sign woo hoo:

Have thoroughly enjoyed our time with utadventure and Jan. We enjoyed an 8 hour ride day on Monday. Went to the movies and watched "Red2" and had a good laugh, and we have had ice cream at Leatherby's.

Annie I will warn Galena of you upcoming invasion

Annie, I had the pleasure of spending an evening with Dave and Jan a few years ago, in my mind those are the nicest people you could meet on any continent!!!

We left Salt Lake City this morning at 6 and headed into the mountains. Was really cold up there. Dipstick me took an hour and a half to remember she had heated grips fitted in Portland! :doh::buttkick:

Good run today, in cooler weather. Arrived in Laramie, WY at 2.20 PM This is our stop for the night

What a day!!

Left Laramie at 6.30am and 20 minutes later hit the worst fog for a long time. A real pea souper and low, so we couldn't see too far in front of us. Stop and put wet weather jackets on ...... Real cold too. Stays like this for hours.

Then just short of North Platte I lose cruise control. Talk to AL on intercom, and he tells me I have no rear lights. Pull on brakes, no lights, and none for indicators either. Pull into side of gas station and Alan starts checking things in fuse box and wiring under seat. Keep blowing the brake fuse every time he tries something. Decide to leave it and go to H D dealer. I head into the restroom and when I return to the trike AL asks if I have another fuse. He has an idea he thinks he knows what is the problem.

Hey Presto! All good.. Everything works. The problem-- the trailer connection had dropped down and wires touching hitch and shorting things out.

Glad my man has so much knowledge, and that he is my mechanic :thumbsup2:

Finally got to Lincoln, NE around 6pm. Final leg to Galena tomorrow

Oops, forgot....when we pulled up at gas station Alan found that the rough roads had cost me my parade fans! One whole side gone. That's the fan, and two horn bracket repairs to U.S. roads :(

Leo and Dacheeda.... Was great to see you both.

This was our final day at the International Rally. We have so enjoyed catching up, and meeting members these past few days. We leave at 6 am in the morning heading for Tennessee

What route are you taking to Tennessee?

While AL went off with B2dad to Hannigan Trikes, I rode to Paducah, KY to have the trike serviced at Four Rivers H D. Got caught in a heavy storm...... Got nice and wet trying to scramble into the wet weather gear on the side of the road!!

Glad I went to H-D as I needed new brake pads apparently. AL getting tires fitted to his bike tomorrow (thanks utadventure for shipping them to him)

Got storms here the next few days, so no riding :(