IGNORED

180 HP Twin Cylinder Ducati

Freebird

180 HP on a 364 lb bike ?

Forget the belly room...where do the brass ones go?

:scared:Velcro grips & gloves would be a good start.

sarges46 says 'wind makes it ride easier'....I'd be Breakin' more than wind.

unbelievable the hp. ducati gets out of their twins. you can't even imagine the the g-force on a bike like that. my zx-14 has over 200 hp.at the crank with the mods i have and it demands alot of respect. i love it.bill :)

Aprillia is coming with a street legal V4 Racer for Superbike Class.

That will be a Bike if they can get i it driveable. Equal Power, more Torque than than your ZX-14 ...

Not to deminish your ZX or the Busa, but this .... keeps my Mind going ... :cool18::cool18::cool18::cool18::sun1::sun1::sun1::sun1:

Aprillia is coming with a street legal V4 Racer for Superbike Class.

That will be a Bike if they can get i it driveable. Equal Power, more Torque than than your ZX-14 ...

Not to deminish your ZX or the Busa, but this .... keeps my Mind going ... :cool18::cool18::cool18::cool18::sun1::sun1::sun1::sun1:

ya, that aprilla is one nice bike , what an awsome motor.a real engineering master piece. that ducati is one fine bike also. my next mod may be a muzzy turbo. trying to explain to my wife why it needs a $5000.00 upgrade. not making much headway. she keeps saying get another job.lol :depressed: :)

ya, that aprilla is one nice bike , what an awsome motor.a real engineering master piece. that ducati is one fine bike also. my next mod may be a muzzy turbo. trying to explain to my wife why it needs a $5000.00 upgrade. not making much headway. she keeps saying get another job.lol :depressed: :)

Gerald ...

i've met a Guy here on a Trackday (small Airfield) a half Year ago. He has bought his Turbo-Haya, with longer Swingarm and a Lot of Mods for Drag racing done, but unfinished for 4,000.00 USD...

5000 Bucks for a Turbo Kit ??

No Way i would spend this much Money on such a Bike and such a common Update. If i would like to have something like that, i'd rather buy it for nearly the same Price.

P.S.

OK, i'm stingy, a Swabian and you kow they have cast out Folks for being extravagant...

That's where the Scots come from ... :D :D :D :D :D

Gerald ...

i've met a Guy here on a Trackday (small Airfield) a half Year ago. He has bought his Turbo-Haya, with longer Swingarm and a Lot of Mods for Drag racing done, but unfinished for 4,000.00 USD...

5000 Bucks for a Turbo Kit ??

No Way i would spend this much Money on such a Bike and such a common Update. If i would like to have something like that, i'd rather buy it for nearly the same Price.

P.S.

OK, i'm stingy, a Swabian and you kow they have cast out Folks for being extravagant...

That's where the Scots come from ... :D :D :D :D :D

well the way i got it figured ,i don't have to many good years left on this here earth and i have no family so i decided that my wife and i are going to let it all hang out and enjoy the rest of our days the best we can.guess thats pretty much the way i've always been. ya only go around once so ya got to go for the gusto, cuz you just may not be here tomorrow. as far as the turbo goes, like i said, maybe. got to get better at holeshots before i have more power.:cool10::2133:

well the way i got it figured ,i don't have to many good years left on this here earth and i have no family so i decided that my wife and i are going to let it all hang out and enjoy the rest of our days the best we can.guess thats pretty much the way i've always been. ya only go around once so ya got to go for the gusto, cuz you just may not be here tomorrow. as far as the turbo goes, like i said, maybe. got to get better at holeshots before i have more power.:cool10::2133:

Well Bill, we are pretty much in the same Situation(DINKS), but i think i'm a bit younger than you are, so i'm just not at that Point of my Life. Nevertheless, i'm always looking for the best for my Money. 5000 Bucks for a Turbo Kit seems still somewhere out of Line. Maybe in 10 Years ... :mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

I saw the Guy riding with his Turbo Haya and talked to him after his second Run. He said, the Track has not so much Grip and his rear Shock needs a heavier Spring. He started in second and still got a Lot Wheelspin when shifted in 3th Gear and Pressure Selector on the low End. Still got it under 10@133 or something in that Range.

From what i have seen there, read in Magazines about street legal Busas and expierenced with my own, 'underpowered' CX500turbo, i do not want to ride such a Turbo Monster. I just stick on normally aspirated and powerfull Engines.

Definition of Holeshots : Bike on centerstand, in gear, throttle on wide open, push off centerstand. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D

I think that's more the Definition of motorcycled Sepaku ... :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

I can almost buy 3 venturs for what that one bike cost,24k is a lot of money to pay for a sore butt & back.but just one time i;like to run 200mph. i'm getting to old to even think about that.:mo money::mo money::mo money::moped:
i really don't care about going 200mph as much as i want to turn a low 9 sec 1/4 mile at around 150 mph. thats my goal anyway. we have st. louis international race way not to far from me ,and they have run what you brung on friday nights. good time to practice. the only draw back is that they require full leathers and they are to expensive for just a few times down the strip. i can't find a place thats safe to run a topspeed run and it has a 186 mph limiter on it. need a speedo healer to fool the ecu if i want to see 200. :)

Ok, Ducati I can pronounce. But Desmosedicci can come out sounding like I've got the hiccups. Break it down so I can butcher it correctly.:rotfl::rotfl::confused24::D

I really thought hard about how to explain the Phonetics .... something like this might work

Desmo ..... Dasmoh

seddicci ..... sejdyccih

so together you may say ... Dasmohsejdyccih

keep on Trying ...

Just make sure, that the Bartender and the Guys next to you know what your doing. I do NOT want you to get hurt caused by a bad Misunderstanding .... :D:D:D:D:D

Is there no italian spoken Tounge here ?

btw ...

Desmosedicci comes from the Desmodromic Valve Timing all Ducati's have and Sedicci means just Sixteen.

Four Valves per Cylinder, V4 Engine - 16 Valves

Well Bill, we are pretty much in the same Situation(DINKS), but i think i'm a bit younger than you are, so i'm just not at that Point of my Life. Nevertheless, i'm always looking for the best for my Money. 5000 Bucks for a Turbo Kit seems still somewhere out of Line. Maybe in 10 Years ... :mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

I saw the Guy riding with his Turbo Haya and talked to him after his second Run. He said, the Track has not so much Grip and his rear Shock needs a heavier Spring. He started in second and still got a Lot Wheelspin when shifted in 3th Gear and Pressure Selector on the low End. Still got it under 10@133 or something in that Range.

From what i have seen there, read in Magazines about street legal Busas and expierenced with my own, 'underpowered' CX500turbo, i do not want to ride such a Turbo Monster. I just stick on normally aspirated and powerfull Engines.

I think that's more the Definition of motorcycled Sepaku ... :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

i agree 5 grand is a bundle. thats the going price for a bolt on turbo and waste gate,and no intercooler.so far i have boz broz stainless full system with gp megaphone, a gi pro, pciii usb with custom map, mps airshifter with hp bottle, msd shift light, 3/4 " lower in front and 1 1/2 " lower in rear, the gi pro is adjustable to by pass the pollution retard and open the secondary flies earlier. this thing is a real beast. got to really dig down for the nerve to twist the throttle hard. not as gutsy as i once was. i'm building a 4" extended swing arm for it now, to help keep the front end down on launch. when i get ready to race it i will strap the front end. great to have some one else on here thats savvy on high performance bikes.i had an 88 v-max that was built to the hilt for the times and was capable of high 9's and 140 mph. i've got to learn to handle the power i have before i get serious about a turbo.i know several guys with turbo 14's .most of them are running 240 to 300 hp. i asked them what it was like on boost and one said the worst part was running up on people faster than you realize. bill:)

i agree 5 grand is a bundle. thats the going price for a bolt on turbo and waste gate,and no intercooler.so far i have boz broz stainless full system with gp megaphone, a gi pro, pciii usb with custom map, mps airshifter with hp bottle, msd shift light, 3/4 " lower in front and 1 1/2 " lower in rear, the gi pro is adjustable to by pass the pollution retard and open the secondary flies earlier. this thing is a real beast. got to really dig down for the nerve to twist the throttle hard. not as gutsy as i once was. i'm building a 4" extended swing arm for it now, to help keep the front end down on launch. when i get ready to race it i will strap the front end. great to have some one else on here thats savvy on high performance bikes.i had an 88 v-max that was built to the hilt for the times and was capable of high 9's and 140 mph. i've got to learn to handle the power i have before i get serious about a turbo.i know several guys with turbo 14's .most of them are running 240 to 300 hp. i asked them what it was like on boost and one said the worst part was running up on people faster than you realize. bill:)

Yes, Turbo Power is real hard to control.

Best Description i've ever heard of was in an Article of a Streetfighter Magazine. They had a Turbo Haya on Exploit, made 420 hp on rear Wheel at 1.2 bar Boost. After the Photo Shooting, the Owner asked the Reporter if he wants to take a short Ride....

Secondary Ratio was extreme long, because of no extended Swing Arm ...

That said, he made it out of Town on the Autobahn. All was fine, empty Road, not much Traffic, Autobahn was straight ahead for a long Distance ...

I try to quote

"i was doing about 240 km in third Gear, saw a KiloGixxer (GSX-R 1000) upcoming in the Mirror, thought 'what a fine Contest', stared right in the Eyes of the other Guy, he understood immediately, shifted down two Gears and gave everything he got out of his Bike. I just plain full twisted my Wrist. What was happening then was a very Short Sequence but it seemed to last Years ... The Front End of the Bike sprung into my Face and thereby distracted elegantly from the rear Tire painting a long big black Stripe on the Asphalt. The Gixxer fell back like he had chosen to park the Bike. Next Thing was coming to my Mind was ... the Autobahn is NOT empty and the NOT straight ahead. What i see is similar to the USS Enterprise entering a Worm Hole.

When is saw 320 km on the Display, one other Thing came to my Mind. The Tires are not approved for such Speed.What if the Tire fails now ? I backed up as i was seeing the Picture of the rear Tire delaminating and winding up like a Roll of Toilet Paper