IGNORED

Semi annual Harley Trailer convention.

etcswjoe

Had a craving for Krystal's today so we decided to ride the back roads down to Savannah for a quick Krystal's burger fix but decided to take 95 back north, we forgot all about the bikes coming back from Daytona saw a bunch of pretty bikes on trailers and a few actually riding. I can understand the ones from up north trailering due to the snow and ice but the ones from father south I don't understand why they don't ride down. We did come to the conclusion there sure is a wealth of Harleys on the road.

Had a craving for Krystal's today so we decided to ride the back roads down to Savannah for a quick Krystal's burger fix but decided to take 95 back north, we forgot all about the bikes coming back from Daytona saw a bunch of pretty bikes on trailers and a few actually riding. I can understand the ones from up north trailering due to the snow and ice but the ones from father south I don't understand why they don't ride down. We did come to the conclusion there sure is a wealth of Harleys on the road.

Got that one beat....Monday night, while trucking on 95S here in Jax an SUV and trailer with Georgia plates passed me. In the trailer were two Goldwings.......Hmmmmm.

However I wont comment on the Krystals.............But it was truly an act of desparation I guess.....:whistling:

For many years I would RIDE my bike from the Seattle area down to Daytona, for Bike Week, and for the Annual IronButt Association Pizza Party. In the IBA...it would be a sin to trailer or truck your bike to any event, especially one in Florida.

Well, it would bug the heck out of me to see pickup after pickup, towing trailer after trailer, or all brands of bikes to Bike Week...and 90 % of these rigs had FLORIDA license plates on their trailers and pickups. I can NOT understand that. Are they all so lame that they actually have to trailer their bike...from Florida to Florida...so that their precious machine does not get a single bug on the chrome, or so that it has as few of miles as possible on it, when they trade it in when it hits one year old????

And these are the wannabees that insist on being called a BIKER. Yes, 90 % of the bikes in trailers were H-D's...the ones I could see, or the trailers with H-D labels on them, but I also saw every other brand too. Lame A&& no good for nothing wannabees.

:backinmyday:

I work with some fellas that ride. Some own motorcycles. We were talking after dinner one night. These 2 guys that own a sporty and a dyna ride up. We talked a few minutes, I knew the trailered the bikes there due to driving company pickup truck down. I asked them if it was true that with every Harley purchase you get a free trailer to haul it around on. I didnt get a very big smile from them. The guys standing around that ride on the other hand got a pretty big kick out of it. :cool10:

Working in the Grand Tetons every year, we see many, many bikes going north to Sturgis. Early in the morning when the air is still and cool, you hear a roar coming from miles down the highway. Whole herds of Harleys roaring north, and you hear them from miles south of your location until they are miles north of you. However, if you go into the Jackson Airport, there sits the semi that brought many of them this far. Ship it north, pick it up, ride it a little way, then ship it home again. Still fun!

A year and a half ago, we moved from Phoenix to Denver. I could have trailered the bike up, but instead, took 2 days and rode it up. Flew back down and drove the uhaul up. I would have missed some great scenery and a great ride. I can't see trailering the bike unless it's broke.

However I wont comment on the Krystals.............But it was truly an act of desparation I guess.....:whistling:

Krystal's is where we usually go when we can not come to a consensus of where to ride to we normally ride from 200 to 275 miles depending on the route.

Krystal's is where we usually go when we can not come to a consensus of where to ride to we normally ride from 200 to 275 miles depending on the route.

White Castles I could understand...but Krystals???? :doh:

Yea, although I love my ocasional Krystals or WC burger dont think I can justify 200 miles to get one. Then have it hang around all day long too. :225: Now I did find a nice burger joint up in Lakeland called Burger 21 that is worth the ride though. I'd ride that far for some good mexican food. :cool10:

Same reason so many trailer their bikes to sturgis. You would not believe how many poeple have asked me, when they find out where I am going on vacation, if I am going to trailer my bike there and then ride. Went to Colorado...."are you trailering your bike there?".........Tail of The Dragon......."are you going to trailer your bike down there"?......now we are thinking of going to Key West.....got the same stupid question.....from the same stupid poeple. Bikes are meant to be rode, not hauled on a trailer. Not even a HD. Believe it or not....those are meant to be rode also.

I just got back from Daytona last night. I usually go at least once a year if not twice for both events. I have many friends down south. It kills me to go to an event and see trailers with bikes on them from the exact state the event is in. I usually have a trailer with me though at every event I go to, the one I PULL BEHIND me.

Everyone RIDE SAFE the season is in full swing down here in the south.

:mytruck1::mytruck::mytruck1:

"Man the life of a "BIKER".....Heading to our next Bike Week Event"

I have trailered my bikes twice .Once when I got a flat on a brand new rear tire less than 50 miles on it . The other time I took the family to northern Minnesota to the only road in the state that the AMA rates worthy of driving, Hwy.38 out of Grand Rapids MN they had just resurfaced it and I spent 4 days ripping it up with my V65 Magna. A guy on a Harley asked why I had it in the trailer I told him "I want it to look like a Harley" :whistling: