This is getting expensive!

Dale124

Well, so far my purchases for this new bike I have are as follows:

2 Shoei RF1100 helmets, at about $500 each =$1000

2 Olympia Airglide motorcycle jackets at $300 each = $600

Motorcycle training/refresher course = $550

Insurance for the year = $627

Grand total so far is $2777. :shock3:

Still need rain pants, luggage, trunk rack, gloves, boots, and god knows what else.

The bike has yet to turn a wheel!:rotf:

I can't wait to use all of these things!

Dale.

Dale dont know if these folks ship your way or not but they have some good prices on some of the things you mentioned.

Jafrum-rain suits leather goody's jackets etc.

Leather up- gloves jackets luggage all kinds of stuff

Rockin leather-leather goods and more

Ah heck I got more but that will get you started. All them places have chaps also. Personaly I wouldnt give more than about $40 or so for a pair. I think I got mine on sale from jafrum for about $25 shipped. Happy hunting.

I wish I could get a good jacket like that for $300 here and $627 for insurance... if it was not for the cold and snow I might move to Alberta! And you have no PST! Add 12% to everything here!

Ahh, yes, but you get to ride several more months of the year than me. We were inVictoria last summer and loved it! We will take your pst if it comes with the mild climate.

Ya can't take it with ya....:mo money:

Just make sure you get out there and ride....

It'll make it all worth while.

While not a "Bling" believer, I do spend money on what protects my hide and my ride...

Like my Shoei helmets and tourmaster Gear... ENJOY!

As far as Rain gear... It's ok, to get you to safe haven... Personally don't think it's wise to ride in the rain for long periods of time....

Glad I live in Pa. my course was free after I got my permit Leather coat was $160 helmets came with the bike after I bought new half helmets last year only about $120 for those and ins. for a 88 for liability is only $93.90 for the year and I just got 2 points on my liscense in Dec. so guess I got out cheap bike already has what I need with intercom in the helmets and all the accesaries work but the class unit

I have always kept an eye on http://www.motorcyclegear.com/ when shopping for riding gear. The stuff they sell may be last years line but it's new and their service and prices are outstanding.

Their product reviews and size information have always been worth the read no matter where you buy at.

I've saved a bunch of money over the years dealing with them.

:2cents:

Dale dont know if these folks ship your way or not but they have some good prices on some of the things you mentioned.

Jafrum-rain suits leather goody's jackets etc.

Leather up- gloves jackets luggage all kinds of stuff

Rockin leather-leather goods and more

Ah heck I got more but that will get you started. All them places have chaps also. Personaly I wouldnt give more than about $40 or so for a pair. I think I got mine on sale from jafrum for about $25 shipped. Happy hunting.

When I started riding in 2007 I had a look at some leather jackets in Iceland. The cheapest one I could get was for around 300 US$ and it was not a very nice one. So I went online and had a look at some jackets offered from wholesalers in the US. Found a company called "My Leather DOT com" and did not believe the prices they offered. The only catch was that you have to make a purchase for 400 US$ or more. Well "I thought" what the heck. Ordered 5 jackets, boots, a bunch of gloves and some other stuff to fill the 400$ minimum order and to be quite honest I was quite prepared to get some badly made junk. To my surprise these jackets were quite nice, with good armor and the leather is very thick and protective. After five years and quite a lot of use my jacket is still in good shape and will most likely last me at least another five years. I do recommend their products since the quality is quite acceptable. NOTE: These are no BOSS leather jackets but a nice alternative if you don´t want to spend 3-500 US$ on a brand name jacket. Does the job and they look quite nice. And the prices are from 50 to 160 US$ :)

Correction:

Website states that buyer needs to have a valid resellers number - guess that does not apply to customers abroad ?

Edited by StarFan
Corretion:

OMG, your bike insurance for the year is more than my car and bike together. And I thought being in NY, we normally pay high prices for things. But OUCH!!!! My bike for a year is $85. And I use statefarm, other insurance carriers start at $170+ per year. maybe statefarm realizes that we can only ride a certain number months out of the year and pro rate it. just guessing there, but it makes sense.

If ever in eastern Pa there is a outlet in the Poconos I went into a Wilsons Leather store last year and bought a 4 piece luggage that strapped on the backrest of my old cruiser was $187 paid $110 they had plenty of coats gloves any leather you would want at real good prices

Did a quick check when I found the "my leather" site. It looked very familiar in presentation. It is the exact same layout as leather up . I would take a guess this is there wholsale arm. The jacket I looked at was a US Air Force leather jacket. Its $27 cheaper on the my leather site which is a good savings if your buying $400 worth of stuff. So if you had a club and got a bunch of folks together to make a bulk buy you'd be in good shape.

I have always kept an eye on http://www.motorcyclegear.com/ when shopping for riding gear. The stuff they sell may be last years line but it's new and their service and prices are outstanding.

Their product reviews and size information have always been worth the read no matter where you buy at.

I've saved a bunch of money over the years dealing with them.

:2cents:

Motorcyclegear.com is my favourite site for gear, and I have always found their sizing info right on... and pricing a third of my local dealers. They ship to Canada just fine and have taken an item back from me when a gift didnt fit right, I just paid the shipping.

Brian