IGNORED

GREAT place to eat

Hummingbird

For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody would deliberately go to Snyder Texas but if you do and you want a GREAT rib eye steak - then Skeets Grill on Colledge Avenue is where you need to be.

My warehouse manager and I went there for dinner tonight on recommendations of a couple locals.

They don't serve beer but do have some really good sweet tea and the service is head and shoulders above any place I've been lately.

For the cost concious, the rib eye is $18.99 for a 12oz. steak with 2 sides. Tea is extra

I would rate this place right along side O'Charleys for steak.

It's nice to find a place like that now and then. I've found some of the best places to eat in the most forsaken places.

There was a place just south of Gavins Point Dam on Hwy 12 on the Nebraska side. Cinder block building set back in the trees. Could hardly notice it from the road. Inside it was set up like a garden and the food was incredible. We had Lobster and steak with all the trimmings and drinks and it was less than $50.00 for the two of us.

But that was 25 years ago. Need to see if they're still around. :scratchchin:

It's nice to find a place like that now and then. I've found some of the best places to eat in the most forsaken places.

There was a place just south of Gavins Point Dam on Hwy 12 on the Nebraska side. Cinder block building set back in the trees. Could hardly notice it from the road. Inside it was set up like a garden and the food was incredible. We had Lobster and steak with all the trimmings and drinks and it was less than $50.00 for the two of us.

But that was 25 years ago. Need to see if they're still around. :scratchchin:

Head farther north of Gavins Point Dam, near Gettysburg SD. Bobs Resort is on the banks of the Missouri River. Huge Steaks, really good too. Last I knew it was local beef. I'll post a link where you can see the place (nice view of the river). plus you can click on their menu and see prices.

http://www.bobsresort.com/steakhouse/steakhouse.htm

When the "Steak Sandwich" is a 14 oz. steak, you better be ready to eat. I cant imagine eating the large..........

http://www.bobsresort.com/steakhouse/steakhouse.htm

When the "Steak Sandwich" is a 14 oz. steak, you better be ready to eat. I cant imagine eating the large..........

In my younger days that would have been a snack.

My boss took me the Big Texan I think is it was in Amarillo once, They had a 72 oz. steak dinner with all the trimming. The hook was if you finished everything in less than and hour it was free. Got the steak down ok but the potato damn near killed me. Never saw a baked football before. Boss man paid for lunch that time.

I felt kind of out of place there. I think I was the only person there wearing pants with a 32" waist. These days.......I'd blend in a lot better.

That said I'll stick to the beef up our way. That grass fed stuff down south takes to long to chew up.

If you ever want to treat your loved one than take her/him to a place in Annville PA for an overnight at Annville Inn B&B. That place is beyond believe ! Stayed there for three nights with my wife Greta when we were in USA on a bike trip in 2011. Greta is still smiling :) They don´t serve dinner and lunch but the breakfast there is homemade by the hostess Rosalie and everybody staying there sit together at the table. The food was the best I have ever had. And the owners are great people. Made us a picnic basket for a days trip, organized surprise massage for my wife and the list goes on. The rooms are faboulus and very detailed and at least two of them have a balcony. Ohh,, and there is a good sized swimming pool there :) Tucked a little outside of the small town of Annville in a beautiful country side.

If you want to have a look just check out Annville Inn - you will find it on google and Trip Advisor.

A side note:

I have no business relationship with the owners - It is simply a hidden treasure in East PA that I want to share with you.

Hey Hummingbird,

Welcome to West Texas, Hope the hospitality suits you. Have fun with the boiler job.

Bill:)

Thanks Bill - we did have fun but it took 3 days to find a restaurant that served hotcakes and eggs. We were stuck with a doughnut and coffee til a local told us about Norma's diner outside of town - good breakfast

Got the boiler shipped to Miami, got a wire transfer and everybody is happy :thumbsup:

I know it's not in Texas, nor is it dinner, but in Ocala, Florida, on US 40, heading east, just before hitting the Ocala national forest, here is a breakfast/ lunch place called Al and Jan's . The most hospitable, nicest people you want to meet. It is biker friendly, the decor is old fashioned with a family atmosphere. The breakfast and lunch dishes are huge, amazing and affordable. A must if you are in the area.

If your ever around New Martinsville WV off of rt 7 then you must stop here for some great food it's buffet style food but it's all homemade and it never sits around for very long and collects dust also homemade pies are made fresh daily but don't go on a Sunday unless your willing to wait for awhile.

If your ever around New Martinsville WV off of rt 7 then you must stop here for some great food it's buffet style food but it's all homemade and it never sits around for very long and collects dust also homemade pies are made fresh daily but don't go on a Sunday unless your willing to wait for awhile.

I've heard a lot of good about that place and this year it's going to be on one of my ride lists

:happy-emoticon: