IGNORED

New Bike

SteveB

Well last Saturday went to town to purchase gear for an upcoming hunting trip. On the way back home I talked the wife into stopping at the hd dealer and we looked at what they had on the showroom floor.

We ended up trading for a 2013 roadglide ultra. I am still not sure how this will turn out but time will tell.

I have spent the last couple of evenings taking off items from our bike.

What color did you get? Regardless what people say about the shaky idle, mine is very smooth thru the rpm range. Coming from a RSTD to a Roadking...very satisfied with mine. Especially with better fuel mileage, quite drive tran and air flow. I had to put the heritage style bars on to get the ergonomics right, not sure how the RG's are.

Well everybody new I would chime in here, I love mine, it will feel different and the thought of making a wrong decision came across me on the way home with it , but it was just because it is a totally different animal from the RSV . I haven't changed my bars but I know its a popular thing to do. I felt it was a little under powered for me but thats just me and I'm in the process of fixing that little problem.

There is a site like this called roadglide.org that I belong to. So does BJ66. They have enough info over there to keep you busy for months.

Dont leave you can rub in your CD player , ABS, and fuel inj. when you read all the HD jokes.

and yeah wheres the pictures. Congrats

Edited by Eddie

How you could trade off that beautiful 08 S model Venture is beyond me:)? Hope you enjoy the new Glide.I have always liked that style even when Harly first brought them out in the 90's.You all should be very happy with it.Did you find the steering lighter with the weight off the forks?

We went with the midnight pearl. Dealer called and said they were ready to deliver, but with all the snow that we got I think it may be a day or to before it gets here.

In the mean time I catch myself stopping and remembering where we have been on the venture.