IGNORED

Help with wind hitting passanger (wife)

bobder41

I have a 2011 RSVS and my wife rides on back a lot. When I get the bike up to 65+ she starts getting hit with a great deal of buffeting from the wind.

We are planning a 600 mile trip that will have us on high speed country roads and interstate that she will diffidently get the buffeting.

I currently have the stock windshield on the bike. Is there a taller windshield available or a way to reduce the buffeting hitting her?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

LIke the tall stock windshield in the colder months but with the stock windshield hight I am 6'3" and when the shield fogs I struggle to see how do you deal with that with a taller shield? I keep thinking of cutting it down never thought about how it would effect my wife. She hates the freeway speeds so it may not.

Had same problem, got the tallest and widest Clearveiw shield, problem solved:thumbsup:

Oh, and get the vent!!

Craig

+1 on the vented Clearview XL. My wife is 5'9, bad wind buffeting for her with stock shield. Upgraded to the Clearview XL and she is happy. So the first day after trading in my 2002 RSV for a 2012 I ordered the same shield. Both times I purchased one of their discounted shields with a blemish. Each time saved a bunch and couldn't see the defects they were talking about.

Good luck.

grow a little taller and break wind for her. get her her own bike with windshield. I break wind for my wife all the time.

all kidding aside is the wind going over the top and hitting her or comming in from the side. there is a product called dragon wings primarily for goldwings but they can deflect air further off to the side and give a smoother quieter ride. also on my FJR1300, I had a tall cal scientific shiels with a vent near the bottom which caused a positive pressure behind the shield instead of a low pressure area and cut down a lot on buffeting. My goldwing has a vent in the shield which I can open or close at will seems to cut buffeting when open as well, same idea as the FJR positive pressure bubble behind the shield deflects a lot of turbulence

Al