IGNORED

anyone name their bike?

creole

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 89 is the "Brunette" ( maroon in color) and the 87 is my "Blonde" ( gold in color).

Wife hates it when friends ask what I am going to do on Saturday and I respond " spend some time on the brunette and then switch over to the blonde. If there is time (wife) and I will spend a little time to relax on the brunette.":happy65:

The '02 Suzuki Volusia was the "Bruise", (black & blue).

The '04 Midnite Venture was "Blackie".

The '03 RoadStar was the "Old Goat", (it was contrary at times).

"Atlas" kinda seems to be this one's name, you know, "at las, my love has come along". Pretty corny, huh??!! :confused24:

Very Nice.... You know..... my last bike was a Vulcan also and even though I was a trekkie in my college days, I wouldn't even have come up with something as obvious as Spock. Gonna have to get one of my riding friends to name this poor bike or it's going to be Jane Doe (aka Unidentified) or John Doe for that matter.:confused07:.....Not sure about the gender/name thing, is that temperament related?:whistling:

Creole

Our 07 will be Shambala because that's where it takes us every time we ride. Just haven't decided on a fitting font to place it on the trunk.

Creole maybe you should post some pics and give us a little biography of why you ride and what you like to do. Your occupation and such and we can have a contest to name your bike.

Edited by playboy

Well I'll take any name suggestions into consideration! Where to start......Married for 25 years this spring, two kids, one almost 19 and out of the house, the other 16 and driving. This is the 5th bike we've had since we've been married and all but this have been cruisers. Pre kids my wife rode around with me,then there wa a 15 year period she wouldn't ride so I rode solo but didn't realley go anywhere. With the last cruiser and the kids older and friends who took bike trips, we bought the venture and she has really gotten into riding with me again. The trips are something we are really enjoying as the kids have their own things going. I'm an electronic technician for a gas company owned by Transcanada ( maybe you have heard some of the hubbub over their oil line) but I'm in the gas end of things. I like to hunt and fish although not as much as I used to but enjoy outdoor type things and hope to retire by 55 if I can swing it (11 yrs to go). Since we married early (19) I'm ready to get back to enjoying life and leaving all this work stuff behind!

Edited by creole
Add picture

Well I'll take any name suggestions into consideration! Where to start......Married for 25 years this spring, two kids, one almost 19 and out of the house, the other 16 and driving. This is the 5th bike we've had since we've been married and all but this have been cruisers. Pre kids my wife rode around with me,then there wa a 15 year period she wouldn't ride so I rode solo but didn't realley go anywhere. With the last cruiser and the kids older and friends who took bike trips, we bought the venture and she has really gotten into riding with me again. The trips are something we are really enjoying as the kids have their own things going. I'm an electronic technician for a gas company owned by Transcanada ( maybe you have heard some of the hubbub over their oil line) but I'm in the gas end of things. I like to hunt and fish although not as much as I used to but enjoy outdoor type things and hope to retire by 55 if I can swing it (11 yrs to go). Since we married early (19) I'm ready to get back to enjoying life and leaving all this work stuff behind!

Thanks for your feedback. Your bike looks sweet. I am new to riding the RSV. Seems like there are more potential things to go wrong with the venture vs. my Vulcan. FREEBIRD and co. Assure me that all is well w the bike. I trust them. Still nervous ....:(:fingers crossed:

Thanks for your feedback. Your bike looks sweet. I am new to riding the RSV. Seems like there are more potential things to go wrong with the venture vs. my Vulcan. FREEBIRD and co. Assure me that all is well w the bike. I trust them. Still nervous ....:(:fingers crossed:

My last bike was a Vulcan, I really liked it too, but don't miss it at all. I think the venture is Great and not really that hard to work on. I really like the comfort aspect and just an all around good ride! I like the throaty v 4 sound too:big-grin-emoticon:

Life has many phases. growing up "Phase 1" gettn married and raising kids "Phase 2" then enjoying taking it a little slower spending time doing things you enjoy. So my suggestion for a name is "Phase 3" or "3 Phase" that's my $.02. :thumbsup2:

How about Electwosee.:2cents::D

Life has many phases. growing up "Phase 1" gettn married and raising kids "Phase 2" then enjoying taking it a little slower spending time doing things you enjoy. So my suggestion for a name is "Phase 3" or "3 Phase" that's my $.02. :thumbsup2:

3 phase kinda goes along with the Electrical aspect too. But I'm still thinking. Maybe we should give this a day or two. :cool10:

Got to ask why Creole ? Might be helpful .