IGNORED

Scale model of the RSV

Freebird

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also be interested in one as long as price is reasonable. I had a 1:16 scale plastic 83 honda gold wing years ago that I did lots of custom work to. I have lots of diecast bikes right now and I am always interested in more. The plastic ones are better you can customize as you see fit. Right now I am building mostly kenworth trucks but a nice venture could be good also. Maybe I could get one and win first place at the next hobby show instead of second.

Hey Freebird, Don't know who you contacted, but I have done a similar project for my SHO car club. I went through Liberty Classics in Liberty IL.

http://www.libertyclassics.com/pages/main.asp

WE did a model of the engine in the SHO, you can see how that turned out here:

http://www.dccarcare.com/shoclub/merchandise/Image1.gif

I got advice from several people and was going to build 500 or more, but went with 300. almost 3 years later I still have 25 left, and I priced this rather nice display at just $90. NOt a lot of mark up. Of course you can price them any way you want, and a motorcycle is a LOT more complicated. They did a very nice model of a cycle, like my display in resin, when means not as durable as metal or plastic, but great detail and LOTS less expensive.

I talked with DAN at that company, I think he still likes me! LOL He did a great job. They are made in China, I think you will find most of this labor intensive work is done there or other overseas companys.

I might buy one, but would like a Gen I Royale better! :)

If I can help with the process let me know, I have been through it and know some of the pitfalls.

This is not the company that I requested a quote from but have done so now. Doesn't hurt to get as many quotes as possible. Thanks.

Guest KitCarson

I would like to have one.....not for the bike.....but as a memento to sit on the fireplace mantel....as a reminder as to the people and attitude I found, that went with the Venture.

I'd be interested as well.

Don't mean to burst a bubble, Freebird, but have you check the legality of doing this? I'd hate to have you go through the trouble of doing this only to have Mamma Yamma come serve you with a cease and desist order.