IGNORED

trailer relay

gunboat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi annie & alan

sounds great. I too have a few things to "finish out" the trailer. aussie stuff that came from down under, but you got to wait & see. saw brad & lonna for a little while last night. we had to make some changes to our plans for the trailer, but it's all good. got to meet & pet their new 4-paw family. i'll be going back over Saturday morning to help brad finish up. but if I know brad there won't be much for me to do.

regards

don c.

Getting down to the short strokes on this trailer. Gunboat has been here all day helping me along with the final assembly of it, and it is looking good!

About 90% done, wire the lights, lid chains, and glue the carpet back in is just about all thats left. I have taken a few more pics, and Annie, there will be no mistaking to anyone here in the United States of where you and Alan are from :)

hi annie & allan

hope all is well with ya'll down under. had a great day with brad working on the trailer. your white aussie southerncross placard will look great on the back of the trailer. I had gone a little overboard on the aussie stuff I had bought to stick on the trailer. brad had to hogtie me to stop peeling & sticking. the rest of the stickers will be in side of the trailer for ya'll to do as ya'll wish. I will tell you brad did all the hard work, I just got to play around a little. this has been a labor of love for us. glad to have a small part in doing it. it has been a good trailer & pulls straight at 75-80 mph.

regards

don c.

You're doing good bud,,, looks real good,,,,, so when's the next one.

Not for a long, LONG time. I need a break, too much going on right now. get this '86 back together, finish the '83 and sell it, finish parting out the '99 and then get after the house and leveling it. If I retired tomorrow I wouldn't be able to stop work for the next 5 years atleast!

I digress though, just wanted to com back on and say that all I have to do with the trailer is glue the carpet back in. Lid chains are installed and I rewired the entire trailer with all working well. I am VERY happy with how the trailer turned out, I hope that you and Alan are happy with it too Annie :thumbsup2:

If I retired tomorrow I wouldn't be able to stop work for the next 5 years atleast!

To Easy :think: ........

Trailer looking good. Could have saved time painting and let Don cover it with stickers. :rotf:

Brad

Brad and Gunboat.........

Thank you sooo much for the effort and love you have put into the trailer. We shall be very proud to pull it around the U.S.

Who ever is lucky enough to own it after we pass it on to the S.A.F. will own a "One in a Million" full of love and memories.

Hope they call it the Memory Trailer :thumbsup2::clap2::clap2:

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Brad and Gunboat.........

Thank you sooo much for the effort and love you have put into the trailer. We shall be very proud to pull it around the U.S.

Who ever is lucky enough to own it after we pass it on to the S.A.F. will own a "One in a Million" full of love and memories.

Hope they call it the Memory Trailer :thumbsup2::clap2::clap2:

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Your welcome Annie, we both are very happy to be able to have done this for y'all. I am going to hook it behind my truck and pull it around town on errands to break everything in (wise ass remarks to come I'm sure) and give it a good shakedown so there are no surprises. I'll then recheck the wheel bearings and add some more grease into the hubs. I'm looking forward to seeing it again when you and Alan come to Texas, and see some of the other emblems and stickers that end up on it

:)

Annie, you might bring a couple of Aussie stickers to put on my/ours/your old trailer you pulled around a couple of years ago to put on it after I paint it to match my 08'!!

We'll see you and Alan up at Don's this year!:australia2:

Annie, you might bring a couple of Aussie stickers to put on my/ours/your old trailer you pulled around a couple of years ago to put on it after I paint it to match my 08'!!

We'll see you and Alan up at Don's this year!:australia2:

dano there is plenty of aussie stickers left over. I bought from down under that will be in the trailer. I feel sure annie & alan will let you have one or maybe two of them. if you are good :shock3:.

regards

don c.

Your trailer is pretty well done, besides pulling it behind my truck which will happen tonight and ready for Don to take it West

:thumbsup2:

All the carpet is back in, the lights have all been op checked, the dual locking latches have been installed and I installed new rubber seal along the inside of the lid to keep the water and critters out. Don went and got the new trailer plate and we installed it, so it's good for a year. I am very confident that this will serve you well while y'all are here in the US. I am interested in hearing what you think about it when Alan gets a chance to pull it :)