IGNORED

trailer relay

gunboat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi annie & alan

sorry for not posting sooner. brad ( squidley ) came over two weekend's ago and took the trailer to his place to start the prep and painting. i have talked to dave( utahventure ) and have it planed to meet him in cortz, co with the trailer on may 18, 2013. i am planing to leaving houston the 16th of may. this will give me two full days to arrive in cortz. ( i will be leaving from work ) i plan on puting the trailer in the back of my pickup. i had planed on towing the trailer behind the trike but i'll be able to make better time with the truck. now the real work will start to take shape. as the trailer will be at utahventure's home after the weekend of may 18th. any volenteers to help get it to portland? please contact utahventure ( dave ) with any help or ideas.

regards

don c.

p.s. annie ya'll have to put up with the texas tags :shock3: on the trailer for a while longer. as i've just renewed the tags for another year. :322:

• 2 weeks later...

hi alan

have not touched base with squidley since doodle's md but he told me the trailer was striped down ready for paint. I have been in contact with dave ( utahventure ) and we will meet up In cortez, co on the 18th of may. I will be driving from work on the morning of may 16th Thursday. google maps says it will be a 18 hour drive straight thru from houston to cortez. I have a room reserved for the 18th of may(saturday ) to meet up with dave ( utahventure ). they will be in cortez on Friday the 17th, I hope to be in cortez Friday eneving of the 17th. now if some of the west coast bunch will step up to the plate and help get the trailer to portland, or. hope to meet up with you & annie this summer. much thanks for all ya'll do for the venturerider site.

best regards

don c.

Edited by gunboat

hi dan

thanks for the offer to help with the trailer. I was not involved with the trailer last year, guess I was too far south. but I do know that annie and alan will be very greatfull for any and all help with getting the trailer to Portland. just a couple of weeks left till I head out to meet up with dave (utahventure). it will be a short but fast trip to hand off the trailer on it's first leg to Portland.

regards to all

don c.

How's the "stuff" on our trailer going?? Hope ya taking photo's !!

Would like to thank all the folks who have helped with our trailer, and for getting it to Portland

Sorry I have been silent on all this, stupid busy right now. Today was a good day, albeit a week behind where I wanted to be due to Quintuplets at our house (more later on that)

The trailer frame has been completely stripped, sandblasted and now is in primer awaiting the black top coat tomorrow morning. I have taken the liberty of purchasing new Timken bearings and installing them and a pair of bearing buddies on the hubs. I absolutely dont trust china bearing as I have had them fail and I take exceptional care of my trailers with grease and maintenance. It's just more peace of mind knowing that there are top quality bearings in this trailer.

I am having a friend of mine at work (who owes me a few favors :whistling:) sand the cargo body of the trailer and I will shoot that with the same black as the trailer frame. Then I will completely rewire it, and the Texas crew will "embelish" it :)

We will get it to the west coast come hell or high water, I think you will like it when you see it :thumbsup2:

Annie,

Thank you for the offer, but I'll decline taking any payment. I took this on of my own free will and didn't ask y'all before I did any of this. I just want to be sure that you folks dont have any issues while your here in the states. It also will make it better when we auction it off when you donate it to the SAF fund.

Just rest assured that it will be ready for you to take it as far as you want to. Were looking forward to seeing you and Alan again this year :thumbsup2:

Another update, today I finally got the body and lid in color. I am pretty pleased with how it came out, not like a new car, but you can count your individual teeth in it. I'll be starting to assemble it this week and will give y'all some more shots of it.

hi annie & allan

hope all is well down under for ya'll. hope you keep the pictures of the trailer before it's new paint job. many kodo's to brad:cool10: for taking the time to repaint the whole trailer & going over it from stem to stern. I have not had the time as I would have liked to help brad with this little project. I will go by this afternoon and get with brad for the final touches. I plan on being over at brad's this coming weekend to help finish the trailer. we will add the "Custom touches" to the trailer that brad & I have talked and hinted about on this post.

just to let ya know the pictures that brad just took on post#76 are

#1 the back of the trailer. ( you can make out where the tail lights were )

#2 the front right side

#3 the front left side

#4 the front of the trailer ( this "wall" is were I will start by putting the state of texas placard/decal on and hope someone in every state will add one of their sate's to it. when annie & alan come thru.

#5 the top (hatch/cover) backside

#6 the top " " front side

sorry I've gone for too much.

best regards to all

don c.