IGNORED

Battery Cables Finally Available!!! Woot!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Believe it or not replacement battery cables for the First Gens are available once again. I just put an ad in the classifieds with the details.

Short version: $35 shipping included to US or Canada. Money back guarantee.

Sorry for the delay folks, but they are here and ready for winter upkeep.

Thanks everyone!

Paul

• 1 month later...

I finally dediced to upgrade my cables, and followed the post listed in 1st gen tech library, any how it was only me doing the change out and I would like to mention it tried my patience, however instead of having help to thread the cable up through I just wired the new end to the old end and gingerly worked teh old cable out and at the same time the new cable followed through without much problem, changing the positive was a bit more difficult as stated but I think joining the two cable together really save alot of problems, plus I didn't have to remember how to route the cable.

Hope this helps someone.

just appropriated the red and black cables and ends, today.

left overs from a job that has long since been shipped out.

i think i'll do the "tie the ends together to thread", trick. sounds like the easy way to go about it.

just jt

I was going to wait until in the morning to complete the job, but just decided to go ahead and hook everything up (it's a bit chilly here 28 degree) the new cables were amazing the bike fired right up and no drag or anything ....... now I'm wondering why I waited so long.

• 2 months later...
Hi, how do i go about ordering 2 sets of the battery cables? I didn't find ordering info in your thread announcing they're available again. Thanks a lot.

fmandcac :cool10:

FM,

You can send Paul a Private Message (PM) and let him know your interested. Here is the ad in the classifieds

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/973/cat/6/limit/recent/date/1156391368

If you have any difficulties let me know and we'll get it squared away :happy34:

• 3 weeks later...

If you need to make one improvement to your bike this is the one to make. I rebuilt my starter and wasn't happy with the change so I installed a set of Tupperj's cables. That did the trick! I thought I'd left the spark plugs out when I hit the button! Good hard spin and less drain off the battery during cranking.

Good deal Tupperj! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Snaggletooth

Like they've already said. This is one upgrade that you wonder how you ever did without it. Especially when you stall it in a busy intersection, a drive through line at the bank, etc. Some people are really impatient while you're pushing that 800lb gorilla out of their way. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

• 3 months later...

I sent a PM Friday or Saturday, and I haven't received a response yet. I sure hope he still has a set or 2 of these cables around. I finally got my bike warm today and ended up killing it at a stop sign. I have a new AGM battery, and I wasn't sure if the thing would start the starter motor was turning so slow.

Anyone heard from Paul lately? I haven't heard from him in a few weeks. Is he alright? I got a message from him on the 14th of August a few days after I had placed my order for cables and he mentioned he was recovering from a medical problem. I hope all is well with him. Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
While you are there, replace the spark plug wires. There are usually decently priced wires and NGK plugs (all together) on ebay.

Those cables and a PC680 are a dream together.

Could you please tell me where I can get all those parts for my '86 venture!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying to get in touch with Paul, (TupperJ) about a set of his nifty battery cables and have not had any luck. When I checked his profile it looks as if he hasn't posted to this site since October of last year. Has anyone heard from him? Is he OK? My concern is not so much the cables but his well being. Is Paul the only person currently making up the cable sets?

So many questions,:confused24:

Earl

• 7 months later...

Tim,

lonestarmedic made a number of sets and sold them, the thread is here...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35727&page=3

if that link works! If not, it is called "1st Gen Battery cables". I got a set, very well done, and made a great improvement to starting. I think there may have been some issues, so not sure if he is still making some, but I'd definitely recommend it if he is.

Hi guys,

I am coming late to this thread but if I got the jist of it, replacing the cables may eliminate that sinking feeling between the time I hit the starter button and when it actually begins to start? Is that correct? I have a 1983 Royale and I wonder every time if it is gonna start when I hit the go switch. It has a new battery but acts like it is drained every time. So far it has always started but by then I am already getting ready to start cursing.

Is this the fix?

Thanks

Roger