IGNORED

Trailer opinions.... I'm shopping

Snaggletooth

Ran across this and going down to take a look at it.

As I'm not a trailer guy (yet) I'm open to opinions on this one.

Motorcycle load capacity: 200 lbs.

Heavy-duty 4.80 x 8" tires

55-MPH maximum towing speed

Extends 78" behind vehicle

Leaf spring suspension system

Bed dimensions: 41-3/8" L x 34-1/4" W x 3-1/2" H

Shell dimensions: 47-1/2" L x 38" W x 16" H

Tongue dimensions: 49-3/4" L x 2-1/2" W x 1-7/8" H x 14-gauge thick

Universal 1-7/8" ball coupler

Overall dimensions: 78" L x 44-1/2" W x 38" H

Thanks,

Mike

You're right Bob. Just checked the model number. Harbor Freight. I was wondering if maybe it was the original that the HF was knocking off. Guess not.

I was sniffing this one as I had another ad with one of the same pictures. But.....it's at a well none auto dealer near me so I figured it was legit.

They are asking $300.00 for it ready to roll so I thought it was worth a look. Maybe $250.00 used eh? :rotf:

Might have to jack up the bike and mount my hitch tonight.

Always makes me nuts when I see the same pic over and over in different ads. Makes me smell BS. Looks like this might have been part of a trade in or the like.

Thanks

Mike

Yah! I think the normal price is $500 but I'm not completely sure. Everyone I know that has one of those is happy with it for the money. Are their better trailers out there? Of course there is but you are going to pay lots more...

When you buy the one from Harbor Freight you get it in a box and have to assemble it.

Got the same one too, it's a good little trailer for the money. It pulls very easy and you don't have the price of another bike in it. You may want to check first to see if they have one in stock. They told me when I bought mine they were pretty hot sellers and they had a hard time keeping them stocked, I had to go to the Clarksville, Ind. HF store to get mine. Definitely use the 20% coupon too, I just checked my e-mails and had a 25% that expired last month, sorry.

I pulled one just like that for the first time up to the internatioal rally.

I never knew it was back there. Also lots of space for 6 person tent qween size blow up mattrass and all of our personal stuff and the wife likes to pack the kichen sink. lol

Bull463

Looks exactly like the one I pulled behind both of my bikes, could never tell it was there.

I would definitely go with the 5 wire hookup, never had one of those gizmos to run them, just tied into the bike wiring under the passenger seat to light'em up.....

Make a couple of boxes to install underneath to put your fold up grass chairs in......:whistling::whistling::whistling:

If all you're going to use it is a couple of weeks a year, and the rest of the time it'll sit, it's a great way to go. If you plan on dragging it 50 weeks and storing it 2, you might want to look for something a little higher on the robust scale.... :)

That's why I'm looking low end right now. For the first time in 7 years I'm not tied to a 7 day a week work schedule. Now I have a chance to wander a bit farther and even actually stop and spend a night or two. All I need is a way to carry a cooler, tent and some extra gear for a couple days when I can get away.

Hey! I've tried! I bought my raffle tickets for the Alumas but ya know..... well, I won't harp on that. I know there were death threats involved. :rotf:

Mike

The pic with the trailer attached to the Jeep is off the Harbor Freight web site. Lemme look and see if I have any good HF coupons.

Thanks but the trailer I'm looking at is already together and on the road. That pic was attached with the others he posted of the trailer. Save me some assembly time and can focus on "improvements".

I can't remember the last time I bought something that didn't get "improved". :rotf::big-grin-emoticon:

Went to look at the Harbor Freight trailers on their sight . They have two, one with 8 in. wheels and one with 12in. but no box to it. Do they no longer sell the trailer with a top box or has everyone just put one of their own on ?

Grease the bearings, grease the bearings, grease the bearings!!! Then put on as many miles as you want. I use it behind my Gold Wing now, have added some additional tail/brake lights.

I like the kickstand idea.

Did you add that?

Ok, I'm meeting the sales guy at the dealer later today to check this thing out.

What would be the the best tralier wiring adaptor for the hookup? If I remember right there is a powered setup for this that works on the MKI's. (Hoppe?)

Mike

Yup, the Hoppe. Basic 5 wire to 4 wire. They even make a nice powered one that has built in relays to isolate the trailer wiring from the bike wiring in case something shorts out in the trailer wiring, but all you need is an adaptor for foreign cars like Toyota, etc and should run you less than $20. The fancy one I was talking about goes for a little over $30...

Went to look at the Harbor Freight trailers on their sight . They have two, one with 8 in. wheels and one with 12in. but no box to it. Do they no longer sell the trailer with a top box or has everyone just put one of their own on ?

Yes, Harbor Freight still sells them. Search for "tag-along" and it'll come right up.

have one, pulled it several times including to maintenance day, followed all the threads, repack bearings, remove 1 spring, hose covering back bolt, led lights, longer tongue with a cooler rack, made a tongue stand with two pieces of angle. very lite and pulls awesome

Yes, Harbor Freight still sells them. Search for "tag-along" and it'll come right up.

Thanks looking it up Now. Okay found it but had to search BY NAME to get it to come up. They are on sale now for $399.99 I guess better to buy one new for $400. Than a used one for $500.:thumbsup2:

Well, it's official. I'm a trailer owner. Had to play tag with the sales guy a bit but caught up with him today and took a look at it. It couldn't be any closer to new if I'd put it together myself.

Still had a lot of protective plastic on it where the body mounts up and clean as a whistle. A little bit of dust on it from sitting. Not a scratch, crack or flaw on it. Not even a sign of any kind of wear on the tires. Don't look like it's ever been used at all.

The sales guy said the PO had traded it with his bike towards a purchase and both came in on a trailer. It may never have been hooked up from the looks of it. He knew the PO had paid about $400.00 for it.

Never been registered or titled so I got that to take care of.

But they were asking $300.00 for it and I offered $250.00 and they took the offer. So, all I got to do now is finish mounting the Markland back up on the bike and wire the harness in tonight. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

So that's it. I got a wagon. Ain't much but it will do the trick for now.

Let the upgrades begin!! :rotf:

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth