1. 1. Are you coming to the Houston MD?

• Hell YES!
    • I'm really hoping to
    • Absolutely not, Squidley's too goofy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be able to find a local tire. As many 2nd Gens that have had tire changes at Kregs, there should be a front tire that will work. If not, I have a friend at a motorcycle shop that can probably help.

JB

JB, I have front avon venom that is still good for some miles, that you are welcome to. Can bring it on Sat.

As it will be laid up for a while, we could use help in figuring out a stand. Has anyone made a wooden version of the Carbon1 stand? Or an alternative method to elevate the bike off the floor? I have a motorcycle floor lift and a table lift. Also bottle jacks and car jacks. I know a Carbon1 with legs is ideal. However, the money for that item could purchase some needed used safety chrome.

JB

It will get a few feet on it rolling around the garage. I can drive the bike up into a garage instead of winching or pushing.

JB

jb there will be enought of us there to help push & shove that 1'st gen around, you just bget it there. :mytruck1:

reguards

don c.

Loaded Sappermedic's bike onto the trailer for the trip to Cleveland last night. However, his front tire has quite a few leaks due to cuts in the sidewalls. Need something that holds air so we can roll it around. Rim has a few nicks but should hold air.

Anyone got 2-tone green duct tape to repair the fairing?

JB

I have the tire and rim thats on the '99 in the garage, we got it covered

Hey folks,

If you have a couple of chairs you can bring with you, that would be great. We have some, but not enough for everyone. Been busy getting some wood cut up for the bon fire, were pretty much ready to go besides the typical last minute stuff. Getting excited to see everyone on Saturday!:sign woo hoo:

I`ll be in the truck, I can bring a truck load of tires out!!! not bringing them back home though!!:rasberry:

Should be able to find a local tire. As many 2nd Gens that have had tire changes at Kregs, there should be a front tire that will work. If not, I have a friend at a motorcycle shop that can probably help.

JB

Brad,Lonna, ready to MD. Mollie & I will be heading up Friday afternoon with George C. He has a place on Lk Conroe we will be staying Fri & Sat night. Nora heading up later that evening.

Wanted to see if I can drop my bike off Friday evening. Between 3 and 4. Later if needed. Going to change out coolant on Saturday, have everything I believe.

George and I removed his tank and carbs today, needs some TLC.

Bringing some eats, corn casserole, peach cobbler, salad stuff. And some extra chairs.

Ready to see everyone and eat some good cooking

Brad i hate to inform yall that i will not be able to make it had a few thing come up at work that only i can do so im stuck here and i was so looking forward to coming to MD with both bikes and bringing my daughter along my 16 year old son is a home body but my 14 year old daughter loves going on road trips with me and really loves riding on the bike even more maybe i can get out there after the end of the world some time in jan. or feb. ill have to wait and see

Wanted to see if I can drop my bike off Friday evening. Between 3 and 4. Later if needed. Going to change out coolant on Saturday, have everything I believe.

George and I removed his tank and carbs today, needs some TLC.

Bringing some eats, corn casserole, peach cobbler, salad stuff. And some extra chairs.

Ready to see everyone and eat some good cooking

Perry,

I will be home by 4:30 after work on Friday, bring the bike and we'll put her in the garage. Looking very forward to seeing y'all again, been way too long my friend.

Brad i hate to inform yall that i will not be able to make it had a few thing come up at work that only i can do so im stuck here and i was so looking forward to coming to MD with both bikes and bringing my daughter along my 16 year old son is a home body but my 14 year old daughter loves going on road trips with me and really loves riding on the bike even more maybe i can get out there after the end of the world some time in jan. or feb. ill have to wait and see

Paul,

I was really hoping you would be able to make it, but like I mentioned, you dont need a MD to get over here and have the bike worked on. Whenever you can get the time, let me know and we'll make a weekend out of it. Feel free to bring your daughter too, I dont know where y'all live, but were in the sticks and it's very peaceful out here.

We'll catch up with you when things slow down a bit for you :thumbsup2:

Due to a recent family loss (My wifes step-Mom passed--she was step Mom for past 44 years.) we will not be able to attend. We will be going to East Texas to assist in handling Estate issues, moving furniture etc. I sure hope 2013 is better year since due to my/Lynns health etc I have missed every event for 2012 except 1. My health and lynns is finally on the mend somewhat. I also have a son and daughter in law moving in with us because he has MD and can no longer work so I also have to go to Round Rock in 2 weeks and move them down here to live with me and Lynn so likely all of November is going to be busy. We have known for years this would eventually happen and now we are dealing with how to move forward and handle the situation as best we can. The house is being remedeled to accomodate them this week.

It will sure be nice when things finally get back to close to normal.

:smile11::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign: and I seldom drink!

Thinking about coming down for MD. I ride a 2005 RSTD. having a idling problem. Checked on site and came to the conclusion that the pilot jets need to be cleaned. I have ran seafoam and several other cleaners through, changed the fuel filter and changed the plugs afterwards. The fuel pump seems to be working. Will there be anybody there that could help me with this? It seems a little more than my skill level, also would like to balance the carbs. Have been riding it using the choke for idle, will it hurt to ride it that far? Thanks in advance Mark

im doing my best to get these things that popped up resolved at work (all mechanical issues) as fast as i can if i can have everything done by Friday evening by 11 pm im loading both bikes on the trailer and headed to Cleveland TX with my daughter in tow :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

Unfortunately I too have to drop out of MD. Papa Art is needed to help my daughter with the grand kids. Her father in law wants to go back to AR. He is very ill and wants to go home to die.

Totally understandable Art, we weer looking forward to seeing you again and perhaps the wife, but life can waylay the best of plans. All the best to your daughters father in law.

Due to a recent family loss (My wifes step-Mom passed--she was step Mom for past 44 years.) we will not be able to attend. We will be going to East Texas to assist in handling Estate issues, moving furniture etc. I sure hope 2013 is better year since due to my/Lynns health etc I have missed every event for 2012 except 1. My health and lynns is finally on the mend somewhat. I also have a son and daughter in law moving in with us because he has MD and can no longer work so I also have to go to Round Rock in 2 weeks and move them down here to live with me and Lynn so likely all of November is going to be busy. We have known for years this would eventually happen and now we are dealing with how to move forward and handle the situation as best we can. The house is being remedeled to accomodate them this week.

It will sure be nice when things finally get back to close to normal.

:smile11::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign::beersign: and I seldom drink!

James....we'll have more my friend, take care of business and we'll get with you and Lynn soon...all the best to the family.

sad to say I'm not going to be able to make it,but if all goes right I'll see y'all at gunboat's

We'll be waiting to see you folks at Gunboats

:thumbsup2:

Thinking about coming down for MD. I ride a 2005 RSTD. having a idling problem. Checked on site and came to the conclusion that the pilot jets need to be cleaned. I have ran seafoam and several other cleaners through, changed the fuel filter and changed the plugs afterwards. The fuel pump seems to be working. Will there be anybody there that could help me with this? It seems a little more than my skill level, also would like to balance the carbs. Have been riding it using the choke for idle, will it hurt to ride it that far? Thanks in advance Mark

Worst case is your going to foul some plugs and get crappy fuel mileage. Get it down here and we'll get it figured out. If you have any issues call me on my cell and we'll come get you.

im doing my best to get these things that popped up resolved at work (all mechanical issues) as fast as i can if i can have everything done by Friday evening by 11 pm im loading both bikes on the trailer and headed to Cleveland TX with my daughter in tow :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

Paul,

That would be awesome if you could get it squared away, we have plenty of room in the house and your more than welcome to stay as long as you want :thumbsup2:

I just wanted to touch base on something that concerns me a bit. The end of my drivway is a bit funky.

#1 There is some sand at the very end of it, so I want y'all to be aware of that and prepare for it. It also climbs up a bit, so when you pull in and straiten up commit and come up in, the rest is hard packed.

#2 The driveway is not perpendicular to the road, if your coming from the West on Old 105, you'll turn in to the left and it's smooth sailing up as the driveway is angling to the right.

If your coming in from the East on Old 105, your going to make a right in the driveway and it will continue to the right.

If you go to Google maps and type in the address, then go to the satellite view and zoom all the way in you'll see how it is angled.

Just wanted to give you a heads up so it wasn't a surprise when y'all pull in. Weather is looking to be nice and cool, and any rain should be long gone.....I'm pretty stoked!!

Ride it on over, shouldn`t hurt anything, maybe foul a plug, but there will be plenty of folks there to help out. are you planning on replacing the jets or just cleaning them up?? Any way hope to see you there.

K