Squidley

Are you coming to the Houston MD?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming to the Houston MD?

• Hell YES!
    • I'm really hoping to
    • Absolutely not, Squidley's too goofy

Hey Cupcake!

I've got one of those Butterball Deep Fryers that will handle up to a 14 lb bird if I can figure out where the Hubby put it and if you'd like to use it, I can bring it over along with the bike and all the other gear. It takes about 2 gallons of oil and will cook said 14 lb bird in about an hour. Just let me know if you're interested. Looks like there will be enough folks there to make having 2 cookers a good idea.

Here's hoping Don gets the BlueBell cooler back in time!! :fnd_(16):

I have 1 fryer and we'll have burgers and dogs here too, so I think we'll have the dead stuff covered. I'll get Don's cooler back to him as I have both of them from Doodles

BTW I posted it up in the calendar

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=340&day=2012-10-27

Edited by Squidley

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had better get those coolers back to Don in time. Certain persons will be very upset if there is no ice cream!!

If you decide you need the fryer, just let me know and I'll bring it over. With all the stuff for the bike, it's coming on the trailer as there's no way I can haul everything in the saddlebags.

I have 1 fryer and we'll have burgers and dogs here too, so I think we'll have the dead stuff covered. I'll get Don's cooler back to him as I have both of them from Doodles

I haven't heard of anyone wanting to change out tires. I do need to put a set on the 1st gen, so here's what I'll do. I will show anyone that wants to learn how to change your tires on a 1st gen without using a motorcycle jack.

I have done this several times using just the centerstand and it's pretty strait forward. So if you'd like to see how it's done stop by and I'll show y'all. I'll see if we can video it as well as some pics.

Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumbsup2:

Hey Cupcake!

I've got one of those Butterball Deep Fryers that will handle up to a 14 lb bird if I can figure out where the Hubby put it and if you'd like to use it, I can bring it over along with the bike and all the other gear. It takes about 2 gallons of oil and will cook said 14 lb bird in about an hour. Just let me know if you're interested. Looks like there will be enough folks there to make having 2 cookers a good idea.

Here's hoping Don gets the BlueBell cooler back in time!! :fnd_(16):

Hey Guys, I have a deep fryer for fried turkeys that does not use any oil at all. It works great. I can bring it if you need it. I also just bought a Bar B Q Trailer that is really cool and I can bring that too and I can grill on that for y'all. It use to be used at the tailgaiting at the Texan Games. Let me know if you want me to bring eirther one. Val and I will be there regardless. I have a Mike Mute that I would like to install on the bike. I also have the eclectronic device that changes the turn signals into running lights and brake lights.

See ya there,

Hal n Val :cool10::322:

Hey Guys, I have a deep fryer for fried turkeys that does not use any oil at all. It works great. I can bring it if you need it. I also just bought a Bar B Q Trailer that is really cool and I can bring that too and I can grill on that for y'all.

Bring em with you, I'd like to see how that deep frier works

:thumbsup2:

Well, we were gonna try to make it to MD on the 27th but cannot put it together. BUT, if you and Lonna wanna come visit San Antonio and bring the tire changer with you ... we got a place for you to stay and great food for a week while you go visit the sites in SA and goof around ... that would be after putting tires on my bike of course ...

Well, we were gonna try to make it to MD on the 27th but cannot put it together. BUT, if you and Lonna wanna come visit San Antonio and bring the tire changer with you ... we got a place for you to stay and great food for a week while you go visit the sites in SA and goof around ... that would be after putting tires on my bike of course ...

We'll work on that Steve, pretty nuts right now here. My Dad is planning on coming down to Texas 1st of December. We are planning on going west to San Antonio, perhaps we can catch up with y'all while were over there

:confused24:

I've got a conflict starting at noon o'clock, but I am gonna try to get up there while the roosters are crowing so that I can catch people as they arrive. Plus I want to see what you've done to the place!

Dave

It will be great having you here, even if it's for a short visit Dave. You'll be surprised at how far it's come

I wanted to chat a minute with this being less than a week away.

If you have hand tools you can bring with you, please do. I have lots of tools here, but the more tools we have available the more we can get done and faster. I also want to mention to folks that are new with the Maintenance Day get together. This is a learning day, we have no problem jumping into as big a project as you want, but you will need to be hands on with your machine.

I dont say this to be mean, but there have been past times where folks have shown up and someone started to work on their bike and the owner has walked off and visited while someone else did the work on their bike. Thats not what this is about, it's about learning how to do your own maintenance on your bike. We will gladly share knowledge with any and everyone.

I will be getting a turkey for the deep frier, there will be dogs and burgers here. If anyone has a specialty dish they make well and want to bring that, please do. This is looking to be atleast 20 people for sure and it could be up to 40.

Like I mentioned plenty of room to camp and set up tents/popups here. The house is pretty much filled but there could be some floor space squeaked out. Call me if you have any questions.

I am in the process of cleaning the garage up, and getting maximum floor space available. We can pretty easily park a dozen bikes in the garage.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, be safe getting here and we'll see y'all next Friday/Saturday! :banana:

We'll work on that Steve, pretty nuts right now here. My Dad is planning on coming down to Texas 1st of December. We are planning on going west to San Antonio, perhaps we can catch up with y'all while were over there

:confused24:

Squid we got plenty of room for you all. Anytime you want to come see SA, you got a place to stay.

Wanted to mention that we are going to have a set of 2nd gen carbs that we will be setting the floats on. George C has his carbs off his '07 and we will pull them apart and clean them out and set the floats if they need it.

The grub is gonna be great, Halmost There is going to bring his new bbq grill and will do some ribs and chickens. We have dogs and burgers, I'll be deep frying a turkey and we'll do another turkey in Hal's cooker.

There will be a couple cheesecakes and all the rest of the fixin. if nothing else show up to eat, there's gonna be plenty.

If folks have any questions get ahold of me, looking forward to Saturday...it's gonna be great! :banana:

BTW, this a rain or shine event, the garage is 1200 sq ft and we can get lots of bikes in there to work on :thumbsup2:

Wanted to mention that we are going to have a set of 2nd gen carbs that we will be setting the floats on. George C has his carbs off his '07 and we will pull them apart and clean them out and set the floats if they need it.

The grub is gonna be great, Halmost There is going to bring his new bbq grill and will do some ribs and chickens. We have dogs and burgers, I'll be deep frying a turkey and we'll do another turkey in Hal's cooker.

There will be a couple cheesecakes and all the rest of the fixin. if nothing else show up to eat, there's gonna be plenty.

If folks have any questions get ahold of me, looking forward to Saturday...it's gonna be great!

:banana:

BTW, this a rain or shine event, the garage is 1200 sq ft and we can get lots of bikes in there to work on

Now you're starting to hit my weak spot. I was going to say that this is hitting below the belt, but I know where that would have gone.....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Loaded Sappermedic's bike onto the trailer for the trip to Cleveland last night. However, his front tire has quite a few leaks due to cuts in the sidewalls. Need something that holds air so we can roll it around. Rim has a few nicks but should hold air.

Anyone got 2-tone green duct tape to repair the fairing?

JB