IGNORED

Burned out driving light

Little Bob

I'm waiting for one of mine to burn out and will switch over to a 55 watt beam on those spot lights. I believe as previously stated NAPA carries sealed beam 4.5 inch but I'm not sure what that wattage is the stock 35 watt or brighter 55. I know JC Whiteney has the 55 watters.

You have to watch how much wattage you run in these. They are rated @ 35w. If you put the 55w in and dont upgrade the wiring its probably going to melt it. The wires are not big enough to carry that load. You want brighter your probably going to have to go LED. I swapped mine out to Alure or something like that. They have H3 bulbs that go into the back like the old KC High lites. Still 35w or your flirting with problems.

Suposedly these are suposed to bolt right in. Just pull the light part out and pop it in the housing. Sell for about $40 ea

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/127757_lg.jpg

Did ya not look at my post http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=670860&highlight=Northern+Tool#post670860 where I showed popping the light out of the stiff rubber housing.....:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

They don't have much of a throw but man they are bright to look at from a distance.

This is a concern for me. The 35w halogen (alure) seem to fit the bill pretty well in the dark. They fill the gap between the bike and the HID beam when its on high. Also helps with the side some. I was wondering about light beam with these. They are more of a flood light are'nt they? 5 maybe 10ft to front ?