IGNORED

How I woke up This Morning

Trader

at 5:00 Dogs were going wild...so I went to investigate.

a bear came and tried to get into our garbage box. The first bear was standing on top of the garbage box right outside my window! I could have reached out and touched it!

But he couldn't figure out how to get into the box.

I tried to get some pictures thru the window but all I got was blurry screen.

6:00 another one came by...by now I was awake enough to figure out how to use the camera. This must just be a cub because .this one is MUCH smaller than the first.

The big one just sort of looked at me and couldn't care less.

The pics of the smaller one are just below the deck on the ground....no more than 10 feet away from where I was standing taking the pictures.

at 5:00 Dogs were going wild...so I went to investigate.

a bear came and tried to get into our garbage box. The first bear was standing on top of the garbage box right outside my window! I could have reached out and touched it!

But he couldn't figure out how to get into the box.

I tried to get some pictures thru the window but all I got was blurry screen.

6:00 another one came by...by now I was awake enough to figure out how to use the camera. This must just be a cub because .this one is MUCH smaller than the first.

The big one just sort of looked at me and couldn't care less.

The pics of the smaller one are just below the deck on the ground....no more than 10 feet away from where I was standing taking the pictures.

Brings back flash backs of Vogel.... Don't it Yammer Dan

Hopefully you had time to get dressed, so you didn't walk outside bear-naked. Just hope it doesn't turn into an unbearable situation for you. But, like they say sometimes you have to just grin and bear it. :sun:

Nothing like an early morning wake-up Steve!

During our Venture West last year, we came across these Grizzlies only a few feet off the Kananaskis Trail, which you can see in the picture. The large one stood up on its haunches and stared at me for a few seconds, before it went back to gorging on berries. Needless to say, I kept the bike in 1st gear with my hand on the clutch, ready for a quick get away. I was pretty sure that our 1st gens are faster than a Grizzle. What I didn't realize until informed by my wife later was that a third Grizzle was even closer to us on the other side of the road.