IGNORED

please help a newbe

fubar

They will be under the back seat, must remove two 10mm bolts from under front seat, lift up on front and take off. Two bolts in front of rear seat, it will lift up and off. You will see the wires under the seat. If you bought these new I am guessing something on the bike is loose or unplugged. If you bought them used I would find another venture, I think Kaw and Honda use the same plug we use, those xpensive bikes use an 8 pin. Do yourself a favor, when you inspect these connectors put some dilithium grease around the outside lip of the connector ( not on the pins, this is non conductive and will help prevent moisture and corrosion issues) . If you find a green pin it's likely your issue.

Unless the PO instaled mic mutes it's just vox, the ic volume should be turned all the way up. The way to tell if they installed them is to hit your cb transmit button and talk ( I have never had them so you might find freebird or someone that has them to be more helpful) .

You have the speakers off and have selected HS correct??? The IC won't work if the SP selected, you must have HS headset selected.

Set IC on 20, AV on 5

If you have mic mutes their will be a fuse under the seat, check to be sure the connections are clean.

This is not correct, at least not on my '99. First of all, the IC is not dependent on keying the CB mic switch NOR is it VOX. It is ALWAYS on.

Also, the IC will work even if the external speakers or selected. My wife and I have ridden many miles with the outside speakers selected and still used the IC. The IC will still use the headsets even if the music is coming through the external speakers.

The MIc-Mutes is an aftermarket accessory. It works by momentarily pressing the rider CB talk switch OR the passenger CB talk switch. You just toggle the mics on and off my pressing either rider or passenger switch for about a second or so.

Fubar if you have a powered mike it will not work on your bike, it will plug in and you will be able to hear but you will not transmit. How many Pins in the cord? if there are more than five you can get and adapter from Airrider I believe. Take a pictures of the end of your curly cord plug that connects to the bike and post it.

yes i see that..i just dont know why it well not work with the cb..im lost,,,i knoe this sounds nutty i dont know anyone around that has a Venture...im in Beckley wv

Some of our members are in your general area. Skid is in Gassaway and has a 2nd gen he's about 80 miles from you, Frog Man is in Falls Mill and also has a 2nd gen and is about 94 miles from you.

They are both great guys and willing to help just about anyone.

Are you using the push-to-talk buttons when you try the intercom? Don't touch them. The IC is always hot. PTT buttons for CB only.

As I type this though, I THINK that if you press the PTT buttons as if you are going to use the CB, your riding partner will hear what you say in their headset too.

I don't know what else to try besides a get-together....

I've had the same issue with my J&M headsets. The patch cord between the bike connector and the helmet is the weak link, especially on the standard sets sold by Yamaha. Also the newer style J&Ms have connectors so that you can replace each component individually. ie: the mic, and/or helmet speakers. If yours is like that try taking each connector in the helmet apart and back together a few times to make sure they are clean and tight.

If you can find someone with a known good head set you need to try that. Someone with a Goldwing set will work too.

If you determine that the patch cord is bad you can buy a replacement from http://www.sierra-mc.com/ . They are great people to deal with and if you go there they'll for sure be able to solve your problem. They are just off I-75 in Troy Ohio.

I'm thinking a connection problem where the helmet cord plugs into the bike. On mine where I was experiencing the same issue, I used some contact cleaner and a small pic (I have a dental pic). If you look at the male pin end of the helmet cord that plugs into the bike, you will need to spread the pin apart (VERY CAREFULLY) no need to replace the cord. You will see the split seam in each of the pins that need to be opened up just a bit.:080402gudl_prv:

the newer goldwing stuff dont work,i was told it would,sorry guys,,and thinks for all the input

No need to excuse - we all go through this once in a while. I have also been wrong - It was in 1993 when I thought I had made a mistake :whistling:

But since you are a Trial Member I am sure that someone told you that you have to pay:mo money: for every word a supporting member has hammered on his keyboard to answer you. It is only a mere 47 cents per word and there are excactly 1.129 words that have been printed in the answers above (my printing you get as a Trial Member Bonus). So this adds up to 530 dollars and 63 cents :shock3: But today we have a one time special offer - :banana:

You can join for only 12 dollars and we will strike out the amount above. This deal is worth 44.22 yearly fees !!!!! You can´t beat that - Only at venturerider.org you get deals like that :thumbsup2: And in addition - if you join as a member today we will include a dinner with,,,,ehhh,,,,ehhhh,,,,Miss Lola Sanches (picture attached).

Don´t miss out on this one day offer :cool10:- offered only to you my friend :bighug:

We are looking forward to seeing you on our member list and ms. Sanches is just to thrilled to meet you.