IGNORED

It must be nice to sell

Eddie

With the drought this year desimating the corn crops, combined with the steadfast amounts of ethanol that are mandatory in gasoline, Get ready to hold on to your hat!

You ain't seen anything yet.

Food's going up

Gas's going up

and if isreal "pulls the trigger" all hell is gonna break lose.:duck:

Forget the price of gas... who cares ! What about the cost of whiskey !!!!!!!!

Like I said... we have better (less expensive but longer wait times) health care.
Really? Rsv costs $2500 more $4.85 a gallon electronics cost 30% more. Less expensive eh. I can buy better faster less expensive medical care plus have money in my pocket.

My contingency plan....... ride my motorcycle more and loose about 20 pounds.:thumbsup2:

Very good plan , I would like to copy that one

Why copy just do it I am thanks caveman

Price of gas here this morning is $1.28/L... or $4.85/U.S. gal.

Consider yourself lucky ! In other words... quite your b!tch'n !

We are not bi$%n :whistling:

A lot of our goods are more expensive. Up until this year the RSV was $2500 more up here, electronics are more expensive (eg camera I'm looking at is $339 here and $279 there).

Best thing we have over the U.S. is universal health care.

That's why Canadian polititians come to America for health care:confused24: just sayin

whatcha talking about we now have (obama care) ;)

Yea and next we will be going to Canada for our health care so get ready Canada 2014 here we come :whistling::confused24:

Like I said... we have better (less expensive but longer wait times) health care.

:sign yeah that:

I figured you being a business man would know how the commodities market works.

I do get it, but in my business if someone dont like our price there is 20 more companys to choose from that can beat my prices. Gasoline is a monopoly.

I do get it, but in my business if someone dont like our price there is 20 more companys to choose from that can beat my prices. Gasoline is a monopoly.
Gasoline is not a monopoly you can own a futures contract tomorrow just lay your money down and place your bet. The commodities market and the retail business are two different animals and you are free to participate in ether one. Oil company's don't set the price of oil the farmers don't set the price of corn or wheat or pork belly's or orange juice. The price of everything is set by supply and demand and perceived price and demand. If I need hvac service and everybody is busy I will have to pay more to get service. If all the hvac company's have people sitting in the break room I can get faster cheaper service. Everybody complains because they don't want to pay the price but they want a raise they want to get rich but they don't want to do the work or take the gambles. What really gets me is when someone does the work and takes the gambles and wins they are sorry rich sob's.

Gasoline is not a monopoly you can own a futures contract tomorrow just lay your money down and place your bet. The commodities market and the retail business are two different animals and you are free to participate in ether one. Oil company's don't set the price of oil the farmers don't set the price of corn or wheat or pork belly's or orange juice. The price of everything is set by supply and demand and perceived price and demand. If I need hvac service and everybody is busy I will have to pay more to get service. If all the hvac company's have people sitting in the break room I can get faster cheaper service. Everybody complains because they don't want to pay the price but they want a raise they want to get rich but they don't want to do the work or take the gambles. What really gets me is when someone does the work and takes the gambles and wins they are sorry rich sob's.

Redneck, the more I read your posts the more I like you!!!

Everybody just wants all the goodies for themselves, and is jealous of whoever has more. What a sad state of affairs we have fallen into.

Joe

Originally Posted by Redneck viewpost.gif

I respectfully disagree....

Oil companies... ie refineries in the US, are at this very moment selling our refined fuel overseas because they can get $5,$6 or even $7 a gallon instead of $3.50....

If they imposed a $5 per gallon export tax, or, did not allow our fuel to be exported...perhaps we could have gotten that pipeline from Canada...

.......................:whistling:

And our fuel prices would have dropped like a rock!

Edited by CaptainJoe

Oil companies... ie refineries in the US, are at this very moment selling our refined fuel overseas because they can get $5,$6 or even $7 a gallon instead of $3.50....

If they imposed a $5 per gallon export tax, or, did not allow our fuel to be exported...perhaps we could have gotten that pipeline from Canada...

I respectfully have to disagree.....

If every country did as you suggest that we do, we would be so short of oil that we would all have bicycle pedals on our Ventures, and we'd be paying unimaginable prices for gas, if we could gt any. As someone stated earlier, it's mostly supply and demand. We (the world's people, and especially US) have not done much to curb demand, or to increase supply. We gripe about what it costs to drive our big vehicles with one person in them many miles to work or play, and keep right on doing it. It doesn't matter what product, service, or commodity we talk about, if people will pay the price being asked, the price isn't going down. It will go up until enough people stop buying. Careful what you wish for.......

"If every country did as you suggest that we do, we would be so short of oil that we would all have bicycle pedals on our Ventures, and we'd be paying unimaginable prices for gas, if we could gt any. As someone stated earlier, it's mostly supply and demand. We (the world's people, and especially US) have not done much to curb demand, or to increase supply. We gripe about what it costs to drive our big vehicles with one person in them many miles to work or play, and keep right on doing it. It doesn't matter what product, service, or commodity we talk about, if people will pay the price being asked, the price isn't going down. It will go up until enough people stop buying. Careful what you wish for....... "

If everyone in the us quit buying gas...

the refineries would simply sell all the gas to foreign countries..........

Originally Posted by Redneck viewpost.gif

The oil company's sell their products to the highest bidder. If you don't want fuel leaving the country all you need do is be the high bidder and you can do what ever you want with it. The reason we don't have the pipeline from Canada is politics not the free market. If you have evidence that the oil company's are price fixing bring it forward because that is against the law.

"If every country did as you suggest that we do, we would be so short of oil that we would all have bicycle pedals on our Ventures, and we'd be paying unimaginable prices for gas, if we could gt any. As someone stated earlier, it's mostly supply and demand. We (the world's people, and especially US) have not done much to curb demand, or to increase supply. We gripe about what it costs to drive our big vehicles with one person in them many miles to work or play, and keep right on doing it. It doesn't matter what product, service, or commodity we talk about, if people will pay the price being asked, the price isn't going down. It will go up until enough people stop buying. Careful what you wish for....... "

If everyone in the us quit buying gas...

the refineries would simply sell all the gas to foreign countries..........

If everyone in the U.S quit buying gas there would be more supply than demand and the price would drop like a rock. Foreign country's would not and could not buy all the fuel we quit using.

"The oil company's sell their products to the highest bidder. If you don't want fuel leaving the country all you need do is be the high bidder and you can do what ever you want with it. The reason we don't have the pipeline from Canada is politics not the free market. If you have evidence that the oil company's are price fixing bring it forward because that is against the law.

Yes they sell to the highest bidder "europe"

Be the High bidder? that's what one of our political parties want to do, make the U.S. fuel prices more in line with europe. Even though we go through all the risks refining the fuel...

Yup pipeline was political "see sentence above"

Never said anything about price fixing???

"If everyone in the U.S quit buying gas there would be more supply than demand and the price would drop like a rock. Foreign country's would not and could not buy all the fuel we quit using. "

Yup we finally found something that we agree to...LOL:whistling:

"The oil company's sell their products to the highest bidder. If you don't want fuel leaving the country all you need do is be the high bidder and you can do what ever you want with it. The reason we don't have the pipeline from Canada is politics not the free market. If you have evidence that the oil company's are price fixing bring it forward because that is against the law.

Yes they sell to the highest bidder "europe"

Be the High bidder? that's what one of our political parties want to do, make the U.S. fuel prices more in line with europe. Even though we go through all the risks refining the fuel...

Yup pipeline was political "see sentence above"

Never said anything about price fixing???

You don't have a clue.

Folks,

This is already turning into a hot bed, dont turn it personal against one another. We all know the rules on this site, if you can't abide by a few simple ones, feel free to go to another website and talk all you want about this....but not here.

Squidley:"Folks,

This is already turning into a hot bed, dont turn it personal against one another. We all know the rules on this site, if you can't abide by a few simple ones, feel free to go to another website and talk all you want about this....but not here. Today 03:36 PM"

I Promise, I'm done on the topic. Please don't delete thread . Let people make

up their own minds.

I'm gonna go paint my wifes car now...:whistling: