IGNORED

computer guru needed

Woody

my mother in-law has changed her admin password and now can not get in. no recovery disc, no password reset disc. I typed every combination of what she said it was that I can think of. ps. yes this is motorcycle related I gonna run over this thing with it.

any ideas :confused:

my mother in-law has changed her admin password and now can not get in. no recovery disc, no password reset disc. I typed every combination of what she said it was that I can think of. ps. yes this is motorcycle related I gonna run over this thing with it.

Admin password to WHAT? Router? PC? MAC? Browser? Media Player? etc. etc.

Can't help without the facts,

Goose

Wait two days it will come back to her. In the mean time go to Distro Watch download a Linux live disk. Save her files and then install Linux with a password you both can remember.

:080402gudl_prv:

Since your title specified "computer guru", I'm going to address that situation assuming that if you had a Mac you'd say so. To most people the term computer = Windows PC.

You can download free password recovery/reset tools and use those to fix the problem. Start here: http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm and I would recommend that you try the Stellar Phoenix Password Recovery tool. I have not used this particular one but I'm recommending it because of the simple format that they use. Personally, I use a Linux command line tool, but if you are not familiar with Linux or Windows system administration I would not recommend that.

Ask questions if you have them and I will try to assist as I can.

Joe

Try building the EBCD on a system you have access to, it will need a cd burner and the ability to burn a bootable CD from an ISO file. Once you build the CD, use it to boot the windows machine and follow the prompts to override the lost password. When doing this, blank the password as reassigning a new password has had mixed results. On win XP you can blank the password or possibly overwrite with new but you will not recover the lost one. After you're done with the EDCD restart windows and login! It will still ask for a password, but hitting enter with only the user name entered should get you in.

Go to: http://www.prime-expert.com/ebcd/

-JK

If its not running the new sata stuff (Sata 6) you can try: http://www.ubcd4win.com/

That comes with a password wiper, just have to select that when you see the UBCD boot screen. Works like a charm.

Once thats all done when you make a new password, on the left, click "CREATE A PASSWORD RESET DISC" :)

That disc is also crazy useful if you cannot boot into safe mode in anyway, and your not running the latest sata stuff, it will boot read your drives, it can do a check disc, and run virus, and anti spyware scans.

Thanks guys, we got it going. and a big thanks to a great guy in Texas I don't know if I was suppose to call his name or not but he knows who he is. called me long distance and walked me through it many thanks my friend.

Sounds like Goose to the rescue again................:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks guys, we got it going. and a big thanks to a great guy in Texas I don't know if I was suppose to call his name or not but he knows who he is. called me long distance and walked me through it many thanks my friend.

Sounds like Goose to the rescue again................:clap2::clap2::clap2:

No, it wasn't me - don't wanna take someone else's glory.

SylWoody - you can ALWAYS give a public thanx to any member who helped you out. Please fill free to share their name or handle!

And thanx for letting us know it is fixed. Glad you got it working.

Goose