IGNORED

New Toy / Project - Barn Find

RedRider

Just picked up my project for next winter. A true barn find.

1975 Moto Guzzi 850T with 17k miles. Motor turns freely, inside of tank is in OK condition, no dents in tank, forks are straight, frame is solid and rust free, and seat is in good shape. PO put on a Windjammer which is going to have to go.

Bought if from a guy that had it stored in his shed for over 10 years. It was his father's who passed in 2001. He was going to get it running but didn't have any time (or ability). It was last started in 2002 or 2003.

Will need:

Master brake cylinder rebuild

Airbox replacement (has pods now)

centerstand repair

saddle bags either removed or repaired

Windjammer removed and headlight moved back to forks

With the removal of the fairing, will need turn signals

All rubber (grips, peg covers, tires)

Repaint and stripe (leaking MC got brake fluid on tank)

Replace throttle cables and likely clutch cable

Clutch handle

NOS exhaust (current is home fabbed)

Wish me luck.

RR

Edited by RedRider

If your lucky the headlight bucket is still there. Windjammer had an adapter that connected the faring light to the stock light connection. The connection is pulled out of the OEM bucket and the faring is plugged in under the bucket then a plastic plug that went into the OEM headlight bucket replacing the headlamp using the OEM parts to hold it into place. Don't toss out the faring or the mount people on EBay are looking for them when doing restores.

Thanks for the info on the Vetter faring. Wasn't aware of what it is.

The headlight bucket is not there. Will need to get a replacement for that. However, the bucket mounting ears are there.

This is going to be fun.

RR

Have fun, I love finding old bikes, I found out, as long as the engine turns over, you have a 99.9% chance of getting it running...............I will be doing it some more when I retire. Thats how I made the money to buy most of my bikes........

Good luck, with the restoration.....

If your lucky the headlight bucket is still there. Windjammer had an adapter that connected the faring light to the stock light connection. The connection is pulled out of the OEM bucket and the faring is plugged in under the bucket then a plastic plug that went into the OEM headlight bucket replacing the headlamp using the OEM parts to hold it into place. Don't toss out the faring or the mount people on EBay are looking for them when doing restores.

i have a windjammer it needs a little tlc but for the most part is in good condition if you need. the wife bought it at a yard sale thinking i could put it on the 99RSTD but what i need for it is 32mm carbs from a 99or newer venture or 05 RSTD or newer no one has those at yard sales :whistling: good luck on the restoration :080402gudl_prv::fingers-crossed-emo

i have a windjammer it needs a little tlc but for the most part is in good condition if you need. the wife bought it at a yard sale thinking i could put it on the 99RSTD but what i need for it is 32mm carbs from a 99or newer venture or 05 RSTD or newer no one has those at yard sales :whistling: good luck on the restoration :080402gudl_prv::fingers-crossed-emo

The windjammer is in good shape, I just don't like it ruining the beautiful lines of the MG. Will be taking it off.

However, with the comments earlier, I will likely be a little more gentle taking it off than I otherwise would have been.

RR