IGNORED

Angel??

Yammer Dan

Have too much competition out there:stickinouttounge: That jet you have is what I envied! My goodness you took off like a bat out of hell when we left back to the motel that night.

Love the difference that it has already made. Please tell me when I do the diaphragms again do you feel that the syncing of carbs is still a good idea?

Thank you Yammer!

I was taking it easy on "Brown Sugar" She likes to show off.....:innocent: Wait til you meet "Ugly". Or "Shady Lady" or...

If I put new ones in I would sync it. I sync mine several times a year. usually don't need to move anything.

www.siriusconinc.com P/N SD1x4

I see they are now $99 regular price.

This is the email I sent them at sci@siriusconinc.com

I was reading about your carb diaphragms for the Yamaha XVZ1200.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=657611&postcount=111

Do you have the carb diaphragms for an 88, Yamaha, XVZ1300, as a set of 4, in stock?

If so do you have a special deal for members of www.Venturerider.org?

Here was the reply;

We sure do $69.99 + $12.50 for UPS S&H and just paypal us at paypal@siriusconinc.com and refer to SD-1 x4 sir..sicnerely Martin

For more parts visit: www.siriusconinc.com

(no eBay fees means 10% lower prices and 10% lower shipping for you!)

For accessories visit: www.siriusmotosportsinc.com

Sirius Consolidated Inc.

44 Saltsman Dr, Unit 8

Cambridge Business Park

Cambridge, Ontario N3H 4R7

Canada

716 989-0091

FAX: 888 894-2755

sci@siriusconinc.com

MON - THURS 9-6

FRIDAY 9-2

SAT - SUN ON-LINE SHOPPING

Earl said the Sirius are the good ones, that is enough for me.

I was looking the other day for diaphragms, and came up with this site, JBM Industries in Kent Ohio. So I ordered a set of 4 for sometime when I or somebody else might need some. Well, Ben (Saddlebum) now has them on his scoot and went to MD with them. He says they seem to work just fine, but then he is a diesel mechanic so what does he know about carbs. Any ways, the install is a whole easier and the science seems good to me. I have another set on the way, just in case.

The web site is not very user friendly but with a little patience there is a lot of info there, and they seem to want to be helpful to us. I'll give you 2 links, one to the main page and one to another interesting page.

The rubber we need is the 73mm #BS34CV

Listing page: http://jbmindustries.com/Dimensions.html

Home Page: http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html

Good job for the info for "Brown Angel" guys, maybe he'll see how nice it is to pop the front wheel up every once in a while!!

Did you show him that on "Brown Sugar" Yammer??

I took it easy with her. Didn't want to show him everythiung all at once. I did find a Hardley getting on 77 on the way home. We were on the on ramp and he pulled out to the side and started making a lot of noise with it. I think he thought he was going somewhere. Just kept getting smaller in the mirrow.

I took it easy with her. Didn't want to show him everythiung all at once. I did find a Hardley getting on 77 on the way home. We were on the on ramp and he pulled out to the side and started making a lot of noise with it. I think he thought he was going somewhere. Just kept getting smaller in the mirrow.

Are you sure that it was a Harley, and not a 2nd gen, that shrinking dot in the mirror can look pretty much the same.......:stickpoke:

Just think how much Angle will smile when he gets new Diaphragms in there. Now that I do not have that 400 lb anchor on the back of my bike I cant believe how much better it runs with no holes in the the diaphragms.

Good job for the info for "Brown Angel" guys, maybe he'll see how nice it is to pop the front wheel up every once in a while!!

Did you show him that on "Brown Sugar" Yammer??

I don't think Angel believed us Dan... he gets that bike running right---he will be afraid of it.....:stickpoke:

Even with the used diaphams, he got 40 mpg on the 2 lane coming to my place running 60 with a strong headwind all the way here. He was so excited...said he had never gotten more than 35-36 mpg before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kept bidding every week and got a set from Motorsport in Miami and installed them as described on the previous links. One thing I found helpful when getting the diaphragms seated between the plastic collar and the other one was to slide a .025 feeler gauge blade on the backside of the diaphragm to seat it properly. I found that when it is seated properly you can turn the diaphragm to line up the tab while positioning the small hole at the bottom of the slide to face the engine which I assume means to point to the cylinder it is on. I don't quite understand why it should point hat way but that is what I did.