IGNORED

Has the website been hacked by Big Tom??

Guest Swifty

Guest Swifty

This is a picture of my screen.

All "reply" to post buttons have a picture of some fat goof eating an ice cream!!!

Why me???

(I DO NOT PHOTOSHOP EITHER!!!)

LOL...I agree that it is funny but folks, Swifty swears that he is not making this up and it is actually happening. I have no idea what could be causing it and have never seen it before.

The only suggestion that I have is to go to another site and then clear your browsers cache. If anybody else has any suggestions, please share them.

Clearing the Browser Cache should do the Trick.

There's a good chance, there's an uploaded Pic in the Database which has the same Name as the Icon "quote.gif". The Browser interprets this wrong and loads from Browser Cache instead of the Website.

If clearing the Cache won't help, i'd download the gif from http://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif and store it manually on my Computer in the Cache-Folder. That should do it.

Guest Swifty

I've done most of the above...no difference....that fat face with dripping ice cream will be on ALL posts in a thread, but not in all threads.

Then two hours later without doing any thing, without turning off any device (Apple, iPad, or home PC which I bring to work, or PC station at work), Big Tom is gone again, disappeared, a phantom, he's nowhere to be found, he's not even in the threads that I found him in during the same session, or in the thread that I took the pic in.

He comes and goes like a ghost in the night....errrr...day. And he's been haunting me for a week now.

He still shows the quote button. I'm thinking it is the thanks button. That would be post_thanks.gif

Thanks, Don, you're right, i obviously didn't pay Attention to Swifty's Details.

Here's a screenshot from my Computer, Waterfox 64bit 12.0.

Is there a Bug or something in the Template ?

Guest Swifty
Stop calling him names, and maybe he will go away. :rotf:

Brad

I'm just using similies and metaphors....you know, technical English stuff.

I NEVER call ANYONE names........except YOU!

:stirthepot:

Guest Swifty

There's a good chance, there's an uploaded Pic in the Database which has the same Name as the Icon "quote.gif".

Now, who in their right mind, (which I think I am still although some may doubt it), would upload a pic of Tom eating ice cream?!?!?

:confused24:

Swifty, the small Pic you see on your Screen is in here somewhere. I remember seeing it, maybe four to six Weeks ago in a Thread.

On a Sidenote, don't get me wrong, i'm trying to help out Tom, who's obviously is doomed to stare at your Face more often than a single Man can take once in a while ....

:missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth: :stickpoke:

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

This is too funny..even scary :shock3:

I think if you offer him a $50.00 DQ gift card, 20 gallons of Ben & Jerry's and a new pair of pink floppy slippers, you could get him to haunt a different member....:detective:

:ICshocked: :fnd_(16): :essen_018: :ICwink:

Guest Swifty

Maybe this will be the beginning of a whole new fad. Instead of "can you find Waldo?", it will be "can you find Big Tom"?

All Fun a side and besides the obvious, the Pic showing up, i find it very strange that the Buttons show up in a different Order.

I don't know too much about the Forum-Software, but is it possible that the Software creates Templates "on the Fly" ?

All Fun a side and besides the obvious, the Pic showing up, i find it very strange that the Buttons show up in a different Order.

I don't know too much about the Forum-Software, but is it possible that the Software creates Templates "on the Fly" ?

No, not really. They are pretty much hard coded. I have no idea what is happening. That image has an entirely different name that the one of Tom eating ice cream. It is also strange that as far as I know, Swifty is the ONLY one experiencing this issue.