IGNORED

Scary stuff

Freebird

The strangest thing happened to me today. We are in full throttle mode getting everything ready for maintenance day. Now if it was up to me, I would say "yea, things look good enough". BUT....SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED comes up with these HUGE lists of things that just MUST be done before people start arriving. So.....

Today I spent about 5 hours on the weedeater. Now I use a 4 stroke Toro weedeater and it IS a little heavy but I swear it gets heavier every year. So I trimmed for about 5 hours and this thing just beat me to death. Now this is the first time I've used it this year but I've used it many times in the past. I just don't remember it beating me up so bad.

So I finally got finished with most of the trimming and was surprised at how tired I was. I went in the house, had a big glass of ice water and then went up to take a shower. It was then that I realized what had happened. I glanced in the mirror and there was an old geezer in there. I don't know where the heck he came from but it about scared me to death. How the heck did he get in my mirror??????

I got over the initial shock and got in the shower. When I was finished and had gotten dressed again, I gathered up my courage and took another look in that mirror and the old fart was gone. Now it still wasn't no youngster staring back at me but things were a little better.

The only thing is, that old fart left some aches and pains when he left. What's up with that?

Guest Swifty

LOL, we could change the MD part of the weekend from bikes to bodies, I suppose. I wouldn't mind...just made 4 visits to get mine "realigned" in the last couple of weeks....showers did me no good. So, what brand of shower head are you using?

hey don, get used to it. you ain't seen nothin yet. after 65 everything is down hill with the wind. when you reach 70 things break and don't heal anymore. you start to face the fact that you just ain't got a whole lot of useful life left. i live strictly for tomorrow and worry about the next day if it gets here. if i thought i was going to get this old i would have changed my oil more often. hate to be so blunt but old age just happens all of a sudden. :depressed:

Don, What a great post..!!!! I laughed out loud & Babe looked over & asked what kind of joke I had just read. You really hit the nail on the head about what we all see when we really look at what is in the mirror.

We have been prepping machinery for sale and cleaning 7 out buildings that I have hauled stuff to for 20 years. We had our retiring farm sale the 25 th of April and we've been cleaning up every since.

Now if the farm would sell I could move to town and not have to farm any more.

Thanks for the BELLY LAUGH, I needed it.

The strangest thing happened to me today. We are in full throttle mode getting everything ready for maintenance day. Now if it was up to me, I would say "yea, things look good enough". BUT....SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED comes up with these HUGE lists of things that just MUST be done before people start arriving. So.....

Today I spent about 5 hours on the weedeater. Now I use a 4 stroke Toro weedeater and it IS a little heavy but I swear it gets heavier every year. So I trimmed for about 5 hours and this thing just beat me to death. Now this is the first time I've used it this year but I've used it many times in the past. I just don't remember it beating me up so bad.

So I finally got finished with most of the trimming and was surprised at how tired I was. I went in the house, had a big glass of ice water and then went up to take a shower. It was then that I realized what had happened. I glanced in the mirror and there was an old geezer in there. I don't know where the heck he came from but it about scared me to death. How the heck did he get in my mirror??????

I got over the initial shock and got in the shower. When I was finished and had gotten dressed again, I gathered up my courage and took another look in that mirror and the old fart was gone. Now it still wasn't no youngster staring back at me but things were a little better.

The only thing is, that old fart left some aches and pains when he left. What's up with that?

She's sooo sweet and adorable. You cannot mean Eileen ?

Watch it buddy...:no-no-no: lol Love ya...:nanner:

I am telling you, every time I go riding I feel younger. I told you to take the day off and come ride with us.... maybe you will listen next time.

Bob:301:

Now you're just rubbing it in. I sure wish we could have joined you. It was a great day for a ride.

It's an old (pun intended) saying but oh, so true:

I complained about getting older until I remembered the alternative!

I just went through 8 sessions of physical therapy for my back, still have one hand (finger) recovering from a senior moment encounter with a table saw blade way back on April 2nd. I have one stent in a heart artery, and a large scar from surgery for prostate cancer. At 75 years young I'm probably at least 40 pounds overweight. Our place is small, but we still mow, trim and edge, have a small garden. And we even go riding once in a while.

Count your blessings, do not dwell on the negatives. After 3/4 of a century it seems like life will be over wa-a-a-a-y too soon, but I know how lucky I am to still do what I do, and no Handicapped placard for the vehicles.

Enjoy life to the fullest in whatever way pleases you the most, it is too soon gone.

Well, I got started around 6:30 this morning. Started cleaning the garage and got it in fair shape and then got back on the weedeater. Did about 3 more hours on it and I am completely beat now. That old man showed up again. I'm getting a little fed up with him showing up unannounced. :headache: