IGNORED

Who had done 800 to 1000 miles without a lay over.

GolfVenture

Sunnyvale, Ca to Evanston, Wy (800 miles) first day.

Evanston to Wichita (1000 miles) second day.

Averaged over 65 mph, not counting motel stop, back in the days of the national 55 mph speed limit, two up in 1985 on a 84' Royale

Back in April '01....myself & 5 friends did the 1000 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt initiation ride.

We ended up doing 1036 miles total in a little over 17 hours. Did it on my '89 Venture. Never got over 80 degrees with about a 5-10 mph south wind. Done some 600 mile days & numerous 500 mile days, they were also nice days & easy rides. Nowadays, a 500 mile day is easy enough, except I now take all day to do it. No more banzai runs for this fat white child. :)

I rode from Blairsville GA to Odessa TX 1297 miles in 21 hours 1 sit down lunch the rest were splash and dash. The best advice I can give on a ride like that is don't do it unless you just need to prove some thing to yourself.

Guest Swifty

Circumnavigated Lakes Erie and Ontario, 1011 miles, 17.5 hours. During gas and food breaks, take a short fast walk, or do some jumping jacks to keep the blood circulation going to your extremities.

Back in Oct of 03, I rode from Mena, Arkansas to Turberville, S. Carolina. I left Mena at 10:00 AM in the rain and rode in the rain to just pass Jackson Mississippi. I tried to get a motel room in Birmingham, but there was a big football game in the area and the only rooms I could find were out of my price range. At that point I decided to ride on in. I stopped about every 140 miles for gas, restroom break and a quick snack. I did make one stop at BK for a burger and fries and one stop at Waffle House for coffee, more coffee, and a good just before sunrise breakfast. I have to admit that last hour was tough. I got to Turberville at 7:00 AM, what a ride. I did 1070 miles in some rain and had two traffic delays for about 20 minutes each and it took 21 hours. I took a shower; got about four hours sleep, ate lunch, and rode 230 miles home. If I remember correctly, it was around two weeks before I went for another ride.

Earl

86 VR

07 RSV

Since I typically ride with my wife on her bike we usually stop when she has reached her limit 400-500 miles a day, on occasion i have reasons to go from Northern NY or western VT to Cleveland 610 miles takes me about 10 hours only stopping to fill one tank and drain the other. Plus quick food stops. Have done 930 miles in a day about 16 hours

Al

Savannah, GA to Houston, TX 1000+ miles ALL DANG DAY, in 1982 at age 22 on a 78 Suzuki 550. Had to continue to San Antonio, TX 200 miles the next day really did not want to get back on that bike.

Redding, CA to Phonix, AZ 996 miles in 2009 at age 50 on the RSTD. Long and Hot Day. The Ultimate seat paid dividends!! Although tired my rear was fine!

Love 300 mile days when traveling! I stop often, enjoy the journey, and have plenty of daylight to set up camp!!

• I'd probably plan on most or all interstate, it would allow me to keep my speed up.
  • I'd make sure I had a comfortable seat, a backrest and highway pegs/boards.
  • I'd want some type of throttle lock or cruise.
  • I'd give myself time to train for LD rides to build endurance.
  • I'd make sure I was physically fit.
  • I'd consider a camelback for hydration.

But mostly I'd consider taking two days, no sense in killing yourself (figuratively)only to be useless for the next two days recovering.