IGNORED

2nd gen hitch?

brainfart

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3919&title=rsv26amp-3b-rstd-trailer-hitch&cat=24

These are the best for your money my friend. Very strong and bolt on in a few minutes. There are many options for this type hitch with the 1 1/4" receiver. And they won't cause you to have to go to the bank and borrow the money. Hidden hitch is not always a good way to go. :2cents:

Fuzzy

• 3 weeks later...

Larry is too modest to talk up his products.....but I'm not. Larry builds a lot of items for the G2 RSV, his quality of work is impeccable, he is an excellent fabricator and all of his products are top notch and built to last. There are other options out there, but for me personally, I will always put my money in his hands or any of the other members that sell items here on the site

:thumbsup2:

I personally like the receiver types, if you saw a recent thread of taking an old ball off the back this is just one reason. The biggest is that you can change from ball, to flag holder to cooler rack to golf club holder. . . ( I have only seen this once but we live down the road from a country club and I have seen a wing with a set of clubs on the back.) so I guess you are only limited by necessity, I don't golf but thought it would be easy way to take some bag chairs along.)

Several types out there and I believe playboy and some others have made there own. . . It's about what works for you. I do prefer to buy from a member vender.

just wondering why hidden hitches aren't always the best way to go?

Options is why I typed that. I have had several say to me that they would like a Flag Pole Hitch Mount that I build, but their receiver (Hidden Receiver) would not work with 1 1/4" regular type hitch.

I have built some other type hitch mounts to work with some of the hidden type Receivers, the vertical type that a lot of the Goldwings use and also a Flat Vertical type to fit the Diamond R Receivers. I just have not made mention of all this yet, because I want to make sure that the hitch works perfectly for the Diamond R Receiver before I say much about it. I figure maybe that is why I got a lot of the messages about the Hidden Receivers.

A member here is picking up a Flat Vertical Flag Mount Hitch for his Diamond R Receiver from me here at my home. I want to make sure it works perfectly before I offer them for sale.

Like I said though, a lot of people said they wished they had a regular type 1 1/4" Receiver. That is why I typed/said that. Never was one to be very good at explaining myself in text.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I made mine out of old car hitch cut down to fit with 1/4" plate up inside fender support. Some dealers(Yamaha) told me that sometimes Yamaha would not warranty something that towing could have caused. So I take it off just in-case--usually only takes about 1/2 hour.