IGNORED

Need A New Invention....

GolfVenture

I'm still trying to convince my wife to ride to Vegas and back.

I've sent my seat to Butler for the customization, and to lower my seat so I'm flat footed with the floorboards and to give her a little more height forward view.

Planning on getting her an extra boost in the back seat also for more forward view.

Right now she says her eyes are planted right in the center of the back of my helmet and she is always turning her head way left or way right. Getting neck strain in just a ride less than 60 minutes.

Maybe a few books on CD.

Stopping at upgraded overnight stays.

A visit to our granddaughter both down and back.

Also reshape the inners of her helmet to relieve stress points.

Oh ya, having my machinist Goldwing buddy mill a set of passenger arm rests.

Maybe I can find a coffee holder with Starbucks imprinted on it.

A luggage rack for her suit case.

Lastly a spending budget.

There is just one more thing. If I could just figure out a way to gently lock her helmet in place with some flexibility. She has recalled back in our youthful days on my 80 Goldwing that she sometimes would like to take a nap. I think that would do the trick.

So I'm engaging the group for some creative solutions for the helmet lock. Humorous solutions like getting a new wife isn't going to work. I love what I have and am afraid what I'd get on a trade in. I don't think I could out live the break in period.

So put on your creative thinking hats.

Mount a DVD screen on the back of your helmet!

Have you tried to reposition the trunk back a little?? You would be amazed whast just an inch or two can do for passenger comfort! Also, if you haven't done so yet, install arm rests for her and a giant cup holder. As far as getting her head above yours, she wouldn't enjoy all the wind. Convince her she does not have to do the driving so there is no need for her to keep her eyes on the road, the scenery is to the side...

I have seen people on airplanes with some kind of a pillow/collar thing to hold their head up while sleeping. Don't know if it would work with a helmet or not.

Unless you get an extra tall windshield and or really lower your head, she will get a lot of wind buffeting on her head if she gets high enough to see over your helmet.

Besides, do you really want a backseat driver????

I agree with Bob and Jeff, the wind on her if you raise her seat will will be more painful than the joy of being able to see over your head, especially if you are stuck behind a big truck or it's really windy. On Mike's volusia, we have a butty buddy attached to the pillion for my comfort. However, it raises me above his head giving me a clear view of everything. On a calm day it's not so bad, and I love the view. Get behind a big truck or high winds and the wind threatens to blow me off the bike @ 55mph. By the time I get where I'm going or home for the night I'm ready for a hot bath and muscle relaxers. I'm still sore from our ride Sun evening where winds were over 35mph for the 3 hrs we were on the road.

Have her seat done as well by RickB , If you raise her UP she

will fight the wind. instead looking to the left and right

she will be ducking her head down from the wind.

Wife loves the butler mod on her seat as well as I do.

she also has arm rest and a cup holder and ext foot rest.

gatta keep her HAPPY :-)

good luck on your trip.

Jeff

The thing is she recalls her ride 30 years ago on the 80 Goldwing with a Vetter Faring that she only had to lean a little left or right to view just to the right or left of my helmet at 1:30 or 10:30 O Clock position to get a fair forward view. Butler said that he can lower the driver a good inch. So I'm thinking if I can be lowered say 1 1/2 inches and I could put say a gel pad passenger seat on top of a bead passenger seat that would be good for another 1 1/2 inch for a total of 3 inches and that would do the trick.

In many pictures I see the passenger head just a bit higher than the drivers head. My wifes head is actually even or maybe a bit lower. I hope the above plan will give her enought height yet still under the buffering.

I like the airplane neck cushion idea. Will have to explore that a bit.

We put the largest Clearview windshield on our bike a few years ago and it really improved the ride for my wife. She gets substantially less wind buffeting with the larger windshield.

On long rides my wife usually listens to her own music/talks via her mp3 player and ear buds. Occasionally I've found her chatting on her cellphone. She usually just dials the number and then stuffs the phone under her helmet next to her ear. She calls it a red neck hands-free cell phone.:whistling:

The other thing we've done on long rides is to plan short days, about 300 miles. She's done 600 mile days, but she ain't been happy about it, and we all know where that leads...:backinmyday:

Get her one of those headrests that NASCAR drivers use to hold their heads in place, works well for them................:mo money:

I'm still trying to convince my wife to ride to Vegas and back.

I've sent my seat to Butler for the customization, and to lower my seat so I'm flat footed with the floorboards and to give her a little more height forward view.

Planning on getting her an extra boost in the back seat also for more forward view.

Right now she says her eyes are planted right in the center of the back of my helmet and she is always turning her head way left or way right. Getting neck strain in just a ride less than 60 minutes.

Maybe a few books on CD.

Stopping at upgraded overnight stays.

A visit to our granddaughter both down and back.

Also reshape the inners of her helmet to relieve stress points.

Oh ya, having my machinist Goldwing buddy mill a set of passenger arm rests.

Maybe I can find a coffee holder with Starbucks imprinted on it.

A luggage rack for her suit case.

Lastly a spending budget.

There is just one more thing. If I could just figure out a way to gently lock her helmet in place with some flexibility. She has recalled back in our youthful days on my 80 Goldwing that she sometimes would like to take a nap. I think that would do the trick.

So I'm engaging the group for some creative solutions for the helmet lock. Humorous solutions like getting a new wife isn't going to work. I love what I have and am afraid what I'd get on a trade in. I don't think I could out live the break in period.

So put on your creative thinking hats.

MY other half is on the phone constantly on the interstate if its a boring spot. I put a "leash" from a camera we had laying around so she cant drop it (ok less likely). I told her if she drops it to bad. I dont know about the tablet thing, the kindle is smaller than our tablet by a few inches I think so might not be to bad. She plays all kinds of games, texts, sometimes even checks the weather ahead. Keeps her ocupied. On our dresser we had in the 80's I'b cruising along and I could feel the bike sort of drift, look in the mirror and she would be nodded out.

As far as raising the passenger, the higher you get weight on a motorclycle the harder it will be to control, plus, as others have mentioned the head bufffeting).

Buy/make a luggage rack and reciever and put her luggage there, at the lowest point on the bike. You won't even know it's back there...LOL

Don't like the idea of anyone sleeping on a bike because of saftey concerns.

Perhaps she could fly out/back and ride with you while your there. That way she wouldn't get bored.

My wife on the other hand likes it here at home and doesn't like to travel at all...:confused24: