IGNORED

Rickster's New Trailer Set-up

Rickster

As requested by playboy here are some pictures of the finished set-up. I used the wiring harness the M1A1MECH makes and it made this very easy. I had alot of help from playboy as well with all this he was a great help. The trailer is an AMT (America's Best Trailer) the Excape model the 4' one. I'm using the swivel ball that they sent with the trailer and I used the Hopkins 46225 converter that was recommended by playboy and mounted it under the seat behind the battery. I ran the wiring harness along the frame rail by the rear fender and it seems to be working fine. I may have to check the axles for alignment, hopefully someone can chime in and let me know how to do it. Anywho its a great trailer for the money and I want to say THANKS again for everyones help in making this happen. Now I have to do some riding before the end of June due to a shoulder injury that will keep me off the RSV for 6 months after surgery, by then it will be "Snowing" Big Toms favorite word so my riding season will be cut short this year I think unless they let me put it off longer. My maiden voyage was going for groceries for the "BOSS Lady" and a lot of people were looking at my scoot/trailer combo and I was the boy with the most toys in the sandbox for a few hours. Picture #4 is the swivel ball, #5 is the wire harness.

[ATTACH]65941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65942[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65943[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65944[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65945[/ATTACH]

Edited by Rickster

Guest tx2sturgis

I dont know if it will be a problem but if that ball lays over during operation, it seems to me the trailer will be tracking slightly off center.

The other issue I see is that the hooks you are using should be replaced with quicklinks...those hooks can easily be dislodged and end up dragging the pavement...or worse.

Other than that, everything looks good!

Edited by tx2sturgis

looks great, we have a similiar trailer and love it. however the hitch ball was a problem for us, sometimes the trailer felt like it had a shimmy to it, put on a regualr ball and it went away. just my 2 cents. enjoy

Yes we have a 5 wire setup on our scoots and the trailer was a 4 flat plug so the converter makes it so the tail lights and turn signals work off the same light. Also it protects the scoots lights if there is a short in the trailer.

Get one what a hitch or trailer? The trailer was from e-bay and it's and Americas Best Trailer the model was an Escape the 4' model they make an Escape XL which is 5'. My hitch is an R-Markventure one although Carbon One has a very nice one as well.