IGNORED

Clean and Sober

hog

Well, not sure what that means exactly :think: I never did dope but I enjoy a beer or glass of wine with dinner. As a matter of fact, I keep a garage fridge for my beer and an occasional extra bottle of wine. If I'm not careful my wife sullys the sanctum with food :smile5:

Welcome Harley ! I have never quite but I stopped one day about 10 years ago.

not sure if I will drink today tho... to much to do for myself no time :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey I notice that your just around the corner from you !

In my younger days I was a friend of Bill W.

Edited by Cougar

well i wont talk about the past but presently clean and sober. the only drugs i take are what the DR prescribes which is probably worse on my body than the Mary Jane, and as far as alc i enjoy a beer or three or a mix drink every now and than but i don't get tanked. now that i found out i have type two diabetes i don't even do that as much as i did. some people cant stop at one or two and shouldn't drink at all but for me it works pretty good thanks to Gods grace. i think the key to everything is moderation.

Fairly new here and just wondering how many on here are Clean and Sober?

Hog,

With family in recovery I am concened about those I surround myself with and here is my impressions.

While some of the group my indulge, never have I felt pressured at a meet and eat. I have also found this group to be supportive of an individuals rights to make their own chose. This group will also go the "extra mile" to help any way it can. From helping to get a bike running to offering a listening ear at the passing of a beloved pet.

Not been there myself but from watching family move from a life of slavery to freedom let me say this, If you have chosen to live clean you have gained my respect and I welcome a new friend!

Fairly new here and just wondering how many on here are Clean and Sober?

I have been fortunate, and have never succumbed to more than a little social pleasure.

I do understand that there are those for whom drink and/or drugs can become a life-threatening issue. I also understand the strength and courage required to confront and deal with problems like that.

So to anyone who is "Clean and Sober", and that is a specific term, then I applaud your efforts. It was anything but easy.

This Aug., GOD willing, :smile5:31 years.

Feb. 2nd was 22 years for me with the help of a few friends,sponsors and my belief in a power greater than myself.Kind of ironic though that I gave up riding about 25 years ago because of fear that I would kill myself riding while messed up because of some of the accidents I had.Then gas hit 4.00 a gallon and told the wife I gotta get a bike, this 32 mile drive to work one way is going to break us.So I got a bike again just to ride to work and back.Long story short,I had forgotten how much I loved to ride.

You will find there are many Bible believing Christians on this site! As far as alcohol, and drugs, at our get togethers there ae those that like a beer or wine with our meals, and even a few beers around the perverbial campfire, but there is never any pressure for non drinkers to participate, and no explaination ever needed as to why! Very rare is there any excessive consumption by any individual. I can honestly say I have never witnessed any drug usage whatsoever at any event I've been to. We are an EATING club with a riding disorder, not a drinking club!

Congratulations on 22 years!! Your faith has serrved you well! Welcome back to the wonderful world of motorcycles and enjoy our company and feel free to attend our social gatherings worry free.

Welcome to the site. Many here acknowledge a higher power for the help its given us or to our Loved ones.There are a few here that share your victory.Congratulations on 22 years and tomorrow.:thumbsup2:

You will find there are many Bible believing Christians on this site! As far as alcohol, and drugs, at our get togethers there ae those that like a beer or wine with our meals, and even a few beers around the perverbial campfire, but there is never any pressure for non drinkers to participate, and no explaination ever needed as to why! Very rare is there any excessive consumption by any individual. I can honestly say I have never witnessed any drug usage whatsoever at any event I've been to. We are an EATING club with a riding disorder, not a drinking club!

Congratulations on 22 years!! Your faith has serrved you well! Welcome back to the wonderful world of motorcycles and enjoy our company and feel free to attend our social gatherings worry free.

Bob, you put it in a nut shell.

Life is full of choices, I pray we all make the right ones...........