IGNORED

How about a new Game/Challenge

Rick Haywood

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, where's the Mason/Dixon line on this?

Otherwise, count me in.

Since I live 240 miles North of the North captain, would I be on the North team???

Later, Scooter Bob

OK, Here are the rules for the game.

#1 does not matter where you live you can pick a team and be on it.

#2 You must take a picture of: you, your bike and the baton in front of the state capitol and post it here. I will keep a spread sheet of each team and the states they have been to and who carried the baton.

#3 you will be responsible for finding and meeting up with the next person to carry the baton to the next state capitol.

#4 Does not matter what they ride but must be a bike and be a member here.

Let's make a start date of April 14th 2012.

I will be the captain of the north team and will make a baton for us and get it started.

I need a person to volunteer to be the captain of the south team and make a baton and get things started for the south team

other than that let's have fun and ride careful.

ps.....if you all can think of anything I left out or rules I forgot let me know.

Thanks to those willing to play

Rick

Bob, the #1 in the rules is your answer. I thought the same thing, then reviewed the rules again.

Fuzzy:thumbsup2:

It doesn't really matter which team you are on or for that matter where you live. It would make it a little easier if people were from all over the country on each team. After some thought we need something to pass along that we can keep a record of what date you were in what state capitol, who you are and who you passed the "baton" on to and what location you were at when you made the trade. The object first off is to get all lower 48 state capitols, the 2ND object is to meet as many people as you can while making the trade of the baton.

For example, I ride down and get a picture of me, my bike and the baton in Springfield Illinois at the state capitol building. I make a record on the book that travels with the baton as to waht time, date and who took the picture. I then ask would ask someone Lets say I ask Dano from Indianapolis meet me for lunch at Danville, Illinois where as I hand of the baton and record book to him. He then at some point gets a picture of him, his bike and the baton in front of the state capitol building in Indianapolis and documents the time date and wwho was with him that took the picture, or if it was a stranger at least get their first name. He would then ask someone to meet him for lunch say fuzzyrstd someplace and then hand off the stuff to him and then he could go to Frankfort and get the pictures and document it. So forth and so on. After we get this all done I would make a post of how many people were involved on each team and things like that. Anyway let's begin and have a great time. Remember to ask people to help you get the state capitol from states you will not be able to get to. Any questions or suggestions please ask me.

Thanks everyone

Rick

Teams So Far

South:

captain Wanderer

AtlantaDragonslayer

DarkLeftArm

etcswjoe

warrior/honeybee

FuzzyRSTD

Ra69gsgTop

Wayne O

North So FAR

Captain Rick Haywood

Golf&Venture

KarlS

Scooter Bob

MJ44

UTAdventure

DanOH

A1Bummer

Phoneman1981

Let me know If I missed anyone or those that haven't decided please let me know.

Edited by Rick Haywood

Teams So Far

South:

Captain: Wanderer

AtlantaDragonslayer

DarkLeftArm

etcswjoe

warrior/honeybee

FuzzyRSTD

Ra69gsgTop

Wayne O

North So FAR

Captain Rick Haywood

Gulf & Venture

KarlS

Scooter Bob

MJ44

UTAdventure

DanOH

Let me know If I missed anyone or those that haven't decided please let me know.

Hey, make this post a sticky and each time a member joins they can add their own name to the list. :whistling: :2cents:

Hey, make this post a sticky and each time a member joins they can add their own name to the list. :whistling: :2cents:

Maybe a sticky that includes the states as well. Then as they are done, just check them off for all to see and we will have an idea of how to plan a ride and work it all out to get them all done.

As I said earlier, I can do Charleston,West Virginia and Frankfort,Kentucky with no problems. I am recovering from shoulder surgery and figure I could at least be able to get these two.

Fuzzy

Good Idea Fuzzy! I would be willing to ride east part way accross Nebraska to pick up the baton from the eastern part of the state. Transport it west to a Wyoming member who could then hand it off to a Colorado rider. Not sure which team, North of South I should be on??:)

Good Idea Fuzzy! I would be willing to ride east part way accross Nebraska to pick up the baton from the eastern part of the state. Transport it west to a Wyoming member who could then hand it off to a Colorado rider. Not sure which team, North of South I should be on??:)

Well, IMO Nebraska is a northern plains state.

Is that how we're doing it, or is it just be on a team based on your riding preferences?

Edited by Wanderer
add text

The fun thing of this is that EACH team will need people from EVERY state and sometimes several. The route is variable, but to avoid backtracking, do a little planning when you have the baton, and try to get all states in an area before moving on. For instance, don't do all the south and leave out Florida, then wind up in Seattle with Florida still to get! :starz:

I will be on the South team since Rick lives about 5 miles from me and he is starting the North team! I will lie in wait for the baton to get near IL from the south.

But if rick needs some company on his ride to pass along the baton, I can ride with him, and I won't let the air out of his tires, I can be for the South and still be nice to a Northerner.!:thumbsup2:

It doesn't really matter which team you are on or for that matter where you live. It would make it a little easier if people were from all over the country on each team. After some thought we need something to pass along that we can keep a record of what date you were in what state capitol, who you are and who you passed the "baton" on to and what location you were at when you made the trade. The object first off is to get all lower 48 state capitols, the 2ND object is to meet as many people as you can while making the trade of the baton.

For example, I ride down and get a picture of me, my bike and the baton in Springfield Illinois at the state capitol building. I make a record on the book that travels with the baton as to waht time, date and who took the picture. I then ask would ask someone Lets say I ask Dano from Indianapolis meet me for lunch at Danville, Illinois where as I hand of the baton and record book to him. He then at some point gets a picture of him, his bike and the baton in front of the state capitol building in Indianapolis and documents the time date and wwho was with him that took the picture, or if it was a stranger at least get their first name. He would then ask someone to meet him for lunch say fuzzyrstd someplace and then hand off the stuff to him and then he could go to Frankfort and get the pictures and document it. So forth and so on. After we get this all done I would make a post of how many people were involved on each team and things like that. Anyway let's begin and have a great time. Remember to ask people to help you get the state capitol from states you will not be able to get to. Any questions or suggestions please ask me.

Thanks everyone

Rick

How about a short piece of of say 2" PVC with end caps (Not Glued) We could make a form for data entry Roll it up with a pen and stick it in the PVC/Baton. You could also use it to carry a San disc card (SD card) that will fit in anyones digital camera. The photo evidence could travel with the baton and be uploaded ( without erasing card) to the thread by each baton carrier.

Makes sense to me.

:icon_smile_question Does the Baton carriers have to be signed up on a team or just VR members? If they have to be game players this could take a while with the number of players signed up so far.

I think no teams to start with. Which team you are on depends on which baton you accept to carry and pass on, But can only be passed to VR members.

There must be a prize too. How about winning team gets to pick the location for the next International M&E Rally?

:icon_smile_question Does the Baton carriers have to be signed up on a team or just VR members? If they have to be game players this could take a while with the number of players signed up so far.

I think no teams to start with. Which team you are on depends on which baton you accept to carry and pass on, But can only be passed to VR members.

There must be a prize too. How about winning team gets to pick the location for the next International M&E Rally?

must be members of this board. As for a the team doesn't matter they can sign up for a team after getting the baton.

The only problem I see in this game is that all the southerners have a much longer riding season than us northerners do . Maybe we should have made it East and West teams, that would even out the weather variable some. :stirthepot:

You do not have to live in the south to be on the south team, and vise versa. I think it will even out anyway since you all have to deal with the north winters to get the capitols as we do

Maybe a sticky that includes the states as well. Then as they are done, just check them off for all to see and we will have an idea of how to plan a ride and work it all out to get them all done.

As I said earlier, I can do Charleston,West Virginia and Frankfort,Kentucky with no problems. I am recovering from shoulder surgery and figure I could at least be able to get these two.

Fuzzy

I do not know how to do that. Can someone do it for me?

Thanks

Rick