IGNORED

Local Police Bikes

kevin-vic-b.c.

Our local police force as decided on Victory brand for their new police motorcycles. We are unsure why they chose Victory so far as we do not have a dealer for them anywhere that does not require a 2 hour ferry ride and a good commute to get to. Victory had made the proposal with the offer to train a local dealership... who all bid against them... to service the new bikes.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=victory+police+motorcycles&hl=en&biw=1162&bih=667&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=a8eusDhLnjViCM:&imgrefurl=http://www.policemotorunits.com/id272.html&docid=9HLl686JowN9EM&imgurl=http://www.policemotorunits.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/webassets/.pond/VictoryPMPhoto201.jpg.w560h420.jpg&w=560&h=420&ei=zw5tT75s0sqJAs6_hcAF&zoom=1

Its probably like we are at work, anything over a certain dollar level has to be advertised nationally and anyone can bid on it. Its too bad, but you cant giver preference to the local suppliers. If a proposal matches what your requirements are, its gonna be hard not to take it, if its the lowest bid

(Ive seen places in a lawsuit when they didnt take the lowest bid)

Brian

Bike in first picture had strict department regulations prohibiting any involvement with high speed chases !!! Rationale was to not embarrass the department.

Gary

all right dingy, i knew you would come up with something. thanks ...... not embarrass mmmmm now come on....

nice picks though..... but i have to say that high red light looks pretty shameful...

does anyone remember the chips police bike show ? ponch and ????? what kinda bikes where those ?

fuzzy

http://motorcycleinfo.org/2008/07/police-motorcycles/

this is some more police bike information, with a little information about our member dingy.

if you look close at the last picture on the bottom (police suit and white scooter), you will see a striking resemblance to our great member dingy, and venturous somewhere in the background cheering him on.. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

I think Oklahoma has a grip on the pursuit bikes these days.

And isn't the CamAm the new hot ride for West Virginia?

Omaha of course is still running the HD's. Had a lovely display of 6 of them today on the off ramp behind two patrol cars with the radar out. Not running, but they certainly looked threating sitting there.

Bike in first picture had strict department regulations prohibiting any involvement with high speed chases !!! Rationale was to not embarrass the department.

Gary

And according to some, the officer riding the second bike was to not block traffic when the bike broke down!!:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

all right dingy, i knew you would come up with something. thanks ...... not embarrass mmmmm now come on....

nice picks though..... but i have to say that high red light looks pretty shameful...

does anyone remember the chips police bike show ? ponch and ????? what kinda bikes where those ?

fuzzy

The 1st two seasons they used the KZ900 and then the KZ1000C which was Kawasaki's first purpose built police bike. The 900 had been upgraded at a shop. Eric Estrada (Ponch) didn't even have a motorcycle licence when the series started and it took him three tries to get it. He had a couple of accidents over the course of the show, breaking three ribs and both wrists in one of them. He could really have used a Spyder!

Andy

Gary

Problem with the second bike....It was so fast it kept wizzing past the culprit it was chasing.:bikersmilie:

I think they were Kawasakis, maybe 1000's.

RandyA

You are right, I bought a left over that was never picked up from the highway patrol...Had to make it street legal for NY...remove red lights, flashers, siren, radio box etc..... It was a great bike.....wish I still had it.......we all do dumb things :doh: