IGNORED

retired

Redneck

Congrats on the retirement! I hope you get that bucket list and start working at getting everything done on it...

If youre into travelling ,come on up and visit us Canucks for a while, we would love to show you some hospitality.

Brian

I have gone and done it now. I decided I've had enough of the work thing so I'm going to try the retirement thing.

What do retired people do?

Uh,..ride motorcycles? Seriously though I retired in October of 2004. I work as a consultant 3-4 days/month, I ride my bikes, read, camp, target shoot, and generally just "enjoy" life. You'll love it. I always said that if I could figure a way to get 'em to pay me to stay home I could keep myself amused. So far, no problem! Enjoy your retirement!!

I have gone and done it now. I decided I've had enough of the work thing so I'm going to try the retirement thing.

Basically, we do what we want, when we want. First two years we got our house in order, new plumbing, bathroom, kitchen and garage/shed. We also ocean cruised, bought a RSV, triked RSV and attended motorcycle rallies. Overall, we had a lot of fun.......

Edited by leo3wheel

Congratulations Mike...Welcome to your 2nd teenage!!!

I retired a few years back at 50 and it was a bit of a challege figuring out how to keep busy.

1st forget about sleeping late, not only can't you do it...but nobody will let you anyway.

So I spend my days torturing the wife...very important step, if not she WILL create a "honeydo" list. I also have hobbies. I took the MC safety course & got my MC endorsement after a 30 year lapse. Bought my Honda to ride around, bought my Venture to ride with the Mrs.

I picked up an XBOX 360, a 52" flat screen Bravia & copy of Grand Theft Auto 4 the went online with it.

Ok now I also have a 63 Merc I restored.

The next thing I took up was living "Green". I grow Peppers, Tomato, squash, eggplant etc in my veggie garden. I also built a wind turbine generator & will be adding solar panels to power my barn.

HHO was something I wanted to try to build. I built an HHO generator for my 2002 Ford Explorer.I did get 30% better mileage but it needed constant tweaking because of the CPU. I also run one in a 74 Beetle with fantastic results.

I did give in to the wife & I remodeled the kitchen installed hardwood floors on the 1st floor of the house. I also redid the deck. She wants both stairways decarpeted & hardwood finished.

I started a comprehensive welding course recently. Plasma, Mig, Tig, Arc & oxyaceteline torches. (Yes I have plans on buying welders soon) LOL! I have a few plans on hardtailing the 750, & building a trailer.

So, you see where I'm going with this?

Retirement is the art of keeping busy. Unfortunately that usually mean you spend money.

The key is to find an activity that you enjoy. It's a GREAT time...ENJOY it!

I know a few that went back to work. Had nothing better to do and they say it is fun. Marcarl just started fixing first gens.

Brad

Thats What I'm afraid of. I'm not very good at sitting around. I have quite a few projects planed but first I plan to wander aimlessly and enjoy the sights.

Retirement is pretty much what the guys have said. You do need stuff to keep busy with, otherwise you'll go nuts. I keep busy enough with projects in the garage (mostly during winter) and try to have as much free time in summer to ride & travel when we want. Family activities keep us on the go too going to grand kids hockey and foot ball games.

It's like was said earlier, I wonder how I ever found time to put in a 8 hr day of work and still get stuff done around home.

For me I love this retirment thing as I can pretty much do what I want when I want. Ya no alarm clocks either unless I want to get up earlier.:clap2::thumbsup2:

Larry

Still a retiree newbie only having been retireed about 9 months but so far it is great. Lots of yard work and such with a new home, yet still have time to ride, hunt, and fish all I can stand. In June I am taking the family on a one month griswalds RV tour of the US. Something I could not have done while still working the salt mines. Overall... do whatever you want..... but do something. If you start knowing the names of soap opera characters... its time to find a hobby or another job. :)

Retired U.S. Navy

Retired Institutional Jobbers (MIS dept)

So now I.....

Ride my Venture

Mow the lawn

General home handyman (better name would be "general home handyputz")

Ride my Venture

Annoy the wife and dog with my guitars, basses and dulcimers

Ride my Venture

Play computer, XBox, PS3 games

Ride my Venture

Website coordinator for our STAR chapter (www.starchapter424.org)

Ride my Venture

Drink coffee (two pots, no waiting!)

Ride my Venture

Play blues and Irish CD's (wife is from N. Ireland)

Ride my Venture

Trying to learn how to edit the videos from my GoPro Hero

Ride my Venture

I'm the family/friends computer guru (better name would be "computer putz")

Ride my Venture

.....and I just find things I want to do rather than what someone else wants done (don't tell Hannah I said that :whistling: )

also I sometimes just go out and ride my Venture!

Congrats on sitting at home...

Well, I took off twice now (about 1 year off each time), and decided to go back to work since health insurance was eating up the lions portion of our budget...which I knew it would, but I decided after the offer I recieve from Boeing, that I would let them pay my health insurance for me and went back to being a working fool..

Some days, I feel like walking out and saying the heck with it..but I would rather keep up the anticipation of seeing WHEN...things WILL GET BETTER....:backinmyday: