IGNORED

Found great little driving lights at Yallmart

cabreco

I was at Walmart today picking up plastic buckles to replace the ones on the trunk straps, and I came across these great driving lights for the Venture.

They are all chrome teardrops for under $20 bucks...& they come with the wiring, fuse, & switch!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Driving-Light-Kit/16680058

http://www.etrailer.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/pics/Q/H/QH-87CD_1000.jpg

These have been good lights, have used them 2 years now.

They have been mounted on fairings, but they, or their replacements will have a new home on a pair of the ventureline mounts I got on ebay this week.

Fender guard in picture is for sale also. It was brand new when I got it last fall. I found another one that has the side marker lights that is going on this year.

Gary

Ya I put a set on also. Plus a couple even smaller ones up by the mirrors activated by a push button switch as flashers to get the attention of on comming traffic if needed.

I like the top ones. But maybe I'll hook those up to a relay off the horn switch.

Here's the one's I got from Canadian Tire...

Those are the ones I got, I liked them better then the WallyWorld ones, mostly because of the rubber grommet protecting the wires where they come out of the housing and I believe they were 35W to begin with. Price wise they were pretty close

Oh, O'Reilly's.

I like the outside the box thinking.I have been looking for a single beam to mount on thr handlebars.Pointed up slightly and to the reat to illuminate my raised finger in protest art some of newjerseys finest drivers

Jose, I'm from Jersey & I felt the same way especially rush hour on the Parkway...until I moved to southern Virginia.

These people here make driving in NY/NJ/PA like driving with the most courteous, polite & SAFEST driver in the world!

I drove to Ex Army buddies house in Boston in 1972 handed him the keys and said "Don't give them back to me til I go Home!!" Boston is Plain CRAZY!!

My buddies favorite words were "They Got Brakes" He never let up!!

He asked me to bring my bike up and teach him to ride.

Take a bike there No Way In HE**!!! I wasn't that brave and I was still in my 20s

• 2 weeks later...
I like the outside the box thinking.I have been looking for a single beam to mount on thr handlebars.Pointed up slightly and to the reat to illuminate my raised finger in protest art some of newjerseys finest drivers

If too bright shining upwards you would have your our "Batman" sign to all of New Jerseys drivers.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::thumbsup2::D

Pretty tough to. Had mine on for a couple years before I swapped out to the 4 1/2" housings.

Like yammer said, check the Depot, Menards or Lowes. Less than $3.00 each. Knocked mine down to 35w just to save on some drain.

Mike

Hey I checked online with Home Depot and what I saw were over $20 for just the bulb.... do you have a stock number or a link for the $3 bulbs??

Hey I checked online with Home Depot and what I saw were over $20 for just the bulb.... do you have a stock number or a link for the $3 bulbs??

What I have I picked up at Menards in the home lighting section.

In the 35w:

Malibu Brand

35w 12v

ML35W16C

I picked up some 20w for the heck of it to.

20w:

Feit Electric Brand (not my favorite for durability)

20w 12v

Flood BAB/CG

Both brands were around $3.00 each but that was about a year ago.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

I was at Walmart today picking up plastic buckles to replace the ones on the trunk straps, and I came across these great driving lights for the Venture.

They are all chrome teardrops for under $20 bucks...& they come with the wiring, fuse, & switch!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Driving-Light-Kit/16680058

I have some similar from the same place.

As driving lights they are $20 worth!

However ... swap out the 55W bulbs for 35W and they make very decent running lights in daylight.

Those two plus your headlight and you have the "triangle" that drivers find hard to miss.

Do your charging system a favor, invest in some marine beam LED spreader lights in the 4 1/2 application. Find some used buckets or shells, if that is what you want to call them. We are talking 7 Watts per lamp here, and these things will light up every leaf on the road. There is a thread on here somewhere for the MB spreader beam so do some research (Or cheat and just google it ). Cured all my low beam lighting problems and then some. Topped it off with a 100/55 hi beam H-4 and life was good again. Just a well used suggestion.