IGNORED

Computer issue, Laser Mouse twitch

Snaggletooth

Ok, not a huge deal but it's making me nuts. I have Logitech wireless laser mouse that has developed a twitch. It's two years old and always works fine but in the last week it started the odd behavior. I can be on any site anywhere and I'll jump screens and the cursor will suddenly start dragging and jumping in an uncontrolled act of defiance. I can kick the 'puter into standby mode and it will clear up and work ok for a while and have good control. Then again on a different site or different page it will start up again. Just won't follow my lead.

Batteries have been changes several times, lens in clean, connections with USP are the same and solid.

System doesn't show any odd behaviour when it happens and no excess useage.

Oh yeah, sometimes when I single click on something it will lock on a start highlighing where ever the cursor ends up.

Should I be looking for a system problem or just put the mouse out of it's misery and replace it?

Mike

Mike they are so darn cheap now just buy a new one. but first check your surface your using it on, maybe there is some dead food laying there under it. LOL

What he said ...

Go buy a cheap one first and test it to ensure it's not something else. You should be able to find one for under $10

Yep, I'm there. I was at Wally World and went to grab a new one. WOW! Talk about a lack of choices these days. There was ONE wired mouse left. Everything else was geared towards the mini's for the lap tops.

Mini's do NOT fit my hands! They get stuck between my fingers.

But so far that seemed to have solved the issue. I was just checking to see if there might have been an issue I should look into first.

So I'm out $9.00. :eek:

Mike

Yea, that choice of "one" can drag on for a while. Took me almost 30 seconds to decide.

Good thing I didn't have my daughter with me or it would been six more stores and another four hours. :rotf:

And probably come home empty handed except for her new shoes. :stickpoke:

I'm sure you're all familiar with the "guy" shopper conversations.

"That the only one ya got?"

"Yes"

"Cool, thanks."

Mike

You can always feed the old mouse to the cat or a large snake...

Even more fun than that Bob. My daughter asked me what I was going to do with the old one last night. She wanted it for her lap top.

Well yeah, go ahead. She was still trying to get it to work when I went to bed.

Maybe sometime today I'll give her the receiver for the USB port that goes with it.

I love watching my daughter try to figure out computer stuff. :whistling::smile5:

Even more fun than that Bob. My daughter asked me what I was going to do with the old one last night. She wanted it for her lap top.

Well yeah, go ahead. She was still trying to get it to work when I went to bed.

Maybe sometime today I'll give her the receiver for the USB port that goes with it.

I love watching my daughter try to figure out computer stuff. :whistling::smile5:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::canada: