I have to remove the gear cover to get at the slave cylinder to replace clutch line I removed all the bolts but before i go and try to pry it off I need to make sure theres nothing else to look for I only found 7 bolts and the service manual IS NOT very clear as to what to remove any one done it before???

Some of the gaskets really stick well, the middle gear cover on the G2 also holds the pivot shaft for the gear shifter. That could be a little sticky as well, you might want to cover the outside of the cover with a towel and give it a good rap with a rubber hammer to break the seal....

:2cents:

Some of the gaskets really stick well, the middle gear cover on the G2 also holds the pivot shaft for the gear shifter. That could be a little sticky as well, you might want to cover the outside of the cover with a towel and give it a good rap with a rubber hammer to break the seal....

:2cents:

And I will add... once it comes loose watch the sharp edges!!!

:doh:

Well I gave it a couple a good SMACKS!! and it finally came off!! Amazing a 1999 with 37K on it and everything in there looks brand new!

So... Used, when are we going to see 'supporting member' under your board name. With all the help and advice you've already received from members here I would think by now you would have thought joining the board would be a good idea....:confused07: