IGNORED

From the Knees Down...

StormRaven

...I'm all wet.

I need some recommendations on rain gear. I've got a pair of Frogg Toggs, but they're too bulky and not heat resistant. They're great as far as keeping the rain and road mist off my shins, but the right leg has too much extra material that winds up resting on the exhaust. It's already got a hole in it behind the right knee, and it left a tarnish on my pipe (which I can fix.)

I'm basically looking for rain gear that's not baggy. Even if it's something of a heat resistant rubber pant suit that's loose enough to be easy going over the top of my jeans and thermals.

Btw, as GAWildKat just took the liberty of reminding me, I'm not on a Venture yet. I'm on a Suzuki Volusia 800, and the exhaust runs down the right side of the bike, just below my knee.

First, Get a 1st Gen bike. The fairing will help block some off the wind and moisture. 2nd the exhaust issue goes away . And if you ride With any 2nd Genners you don't have to worry about any mist from the rain kicked up by the rear tire since you will always be in front either leading 2nd.Genners ..or towing them back.......:rotf::stirthepot:

Ha! KIC, I know you're sorta new so I won't hold it against you. StormRaven, Mike to me, bought his 1st bike last spring, the Volusia. He really wanted a 1st gen as a 1st bike but many of the guys talked into getting a smaller bike to start. After taking the MSF he went ou and bought the Volusia and loves it for the around town stuff. But he's looking forward to getting that 1st gen soon.

Dont know if you have any discount motorcycle stores close by, but if your ever in WVA in the Meadows bridge area, there is this store that is just unbeatable in prices. its called "In the wind in WVA"

I bought a 2 piece rainsuit Himalaya Motorcycle wear for $59, 4-5 years ago, it has been completely warterproof and has shielding on inner legs up to the knees to prevent burn thru.

also purchased Choko overshoes rain proof nylon with rubber soles for $29... One warning my 650 pipes are right next to the foot pegs and i did touch the pipe with the rubber sole... it came off though. Really love the overshoes as if I'm wearing sneakers my feet are cool and dry in the summer especially if just after a rain or if im riding early spring the overshoes and over sized rainsuit over my touring master is a perfect way to retain heat.

Edited by CaptainJoe

unfortunately we don't have any discount places nearby. One shop local to us has been good to us on some stuff. They even discount what we buy alot of times because we work on their shop computers. I did order a patch kit for the frogg toggs so maybe that will help.

Go here: http://www.gadgetjq.com/froggtognomelt.htm

for an excellent and cheap method of protecting your Frogg Toggs.

You beat me to it. This is exactly what I did for my V-Star. Still wear the same Froggtogs on my venture. I like the Froggtogs 'cause they breath and you don't end up as wet on the inside from your own perspiration. Great for those all day rains when you have to ride to you next destination on a road trip.