IGNORED

Fellow Ontario Friends...

bongobobny

I sent a PM to a few of you and decided that a thread may work just as well. Becky and I are going to the Toronto Bike show next Saturday, and Motorcycle Tom and Amy are riding up with us. We plan on leaving here around 9:30 and should be in Toronto around noon depending on whether we meet up with anybody on the way. Sure would be great to meet up with you fellows! Maybe we could have a mini M&E someplace for dinner as we are going home in the evening. Let's get together!

PS any of you WNY'ers going let me know so we can caravan up...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a PM to a few of you and decided that a thread may work just as well. Becky and I are going to the Toronto Bike show next Saturday, and Motorcycle Tom and Amy are riding up with us. We plan on leaving here around 9:30 and should be in Toronto around noon depending on whether we meet up with anybody on the way. Sure would be great to meet up with you fellows! Maybe we could have a mini M&E someplace for dinner as we are going home in the evening. Let's get together!

PS any of you WNY'ers going let me know so we can caravan up...

Somebody got a good idea for supper...... I could call Tuckers in Burlington, but I'm afraid they will not take reservations very early on Sat. probably have to wait until after 8pm.

Give me some ideas, and I'll see what I can arrange..... also need to know how many want to join us.

OK this is starting to shape up. We expect to hit the show around 1:00 and Saddlebum said he may meet up with us. Dinner could be as late as 7:00 to 7:30 keeping in mind we have a 2 1/2 hour ride home and we are getting to be seasoned citizens. Not real fussy about where as long as it's better than Burger King or Mickey D's...

OK this is starting to shape up. We expect to hit the show around 1:00 and Saddlebum said he may meet up with us. Dinner could be as late as 7:00 to 7:30 keeping in mind we have a 2 1/2 hour ride home and we are getting to be seasoned citizens. Not real fussy about where as long as it's better than Burger King or Mickey D's...

So in this case we'll be looking for some good food along the QEW...... any ideas.... you don't have to come, but I am not familiar with the food in that area,,,,,, how about it, Relic, Chabachika, Dogman, Mother, Saddlebum, cough up some suggestions.

I am going to the show on Sunday with my brother as he can't go Saturday.

As for food on the QEW. That is out of my area. Are you are looking at Burlington,Oakville,Hamilton or ???? If you decide on a place we may be able to make it for dinner.

Yah John, Brad mentioned you might be going. Sunday would be out of the question for us as we have to work Monday and we get up very early in the AM. The dinner can be anywhere reasonably close to the QEW, I'm leaving those plans up to you Canadians. I'm sure someone will come up with a place during the week...

I and most likely mrs can make it for dinner on saturday where ever you guys decide to have. I was thinking of around Burlington too, so we can let Ben worry about that.

As for the show, I am planning on going on friday, when its not as busy as the weekend. Better to check out stuff, and for picture taking too. It really gets crazy on the sat and sundays. Not convenient for all, i guess....especially the ones that have to work.:(

Will be nice to meet friends in a brand new year....:banana:

Tuckers is not a bad idea but on a Saturday it can get real busy. There is also Boston Pizza, the Keg and Jack Astor's all on the same cornor as Tuckers. Would help to know how many plan to attend. I know the owner of Ye Olde Squire I can talk to him and try and see if I can get something set up there as another option. It is just 2 streets south of the QEW on the cornor of Walkers line and fairview

Tuckers is not a bad idea but on a Saturday it can get real busy. There is also Boston Pizza, the Keg and Jack Astor's all on the same cornor as Tuckers. Would help to know how many plan to attend. I know the owner of Ye Olde Squire I can talk to him and try and see if I can get something set up there as another option. It is just 2 streets south of the QEW on the cornor of Walkers line and fairview

I'd figure on 20 to 25 with room enough for 30 at this point.

Hello Bob and the rest of you. Happy New Year.

I will be away skiing for the weekend at Blue Mountain, so will not be able to attend.

Bob, if you and Becky do not want to drive home, we can leave a key for our house and it could be yours for the weekend. We live around the DVP and 401. Let me know.

Dave

helated Happy new year to all. Just got back from the cottage where I did a bit of sledding on my Yamaha Venture sled so I am just now catching up with this thread. Anne and I are looking forward to joining everyone who can make dinner in Burlington. Still working out stuff and will go to the show on Friday if I can't make it on Satuurday.