IGNORED

Brand new '07... Any guesses what these are?

clear protective covers someone placed on the front/ top of the side bags to avoid heel marks from passenger..could be used on lower fairing as Stoker ace mentioned, then again they could have been on the side of the Gas tank.

They look much to wide to come off the front forks..

Can we ask for a clue as to where you removed them from?

I peeled them off the outside of the forks yesterday. I guess I am just still being surprised at how "brand new" this 4 year old bike is. Going to break 150 miles today. Some of the pitting in the chrome is still visible, but man, she polished up nice.

How about a few pic of the old car in the back ground. What is it? :think:

OK, I'm back.

We took a week and went to NYC to see the ball drop. What a scene. Bucket list for sure, but we'll never do it again.

Sorry for the late response. Here are a few pics of the Model T. It is a '26, although it is titled as a '25. My dad bought it in the late '70s as a retirement project. By the time he got around to retiring, he was sick of looking at it, so when he died in '99, I inherited it. I figure it will be about 100 years old when I am ready to retire. If I get sick of it, maybe MY kid can get sick of it someday, too! haha.

It hasn't run in years, but with some gas and fresh oil, a battery... I think I could be driving in a week. Surprisingly, the body is pretty straight. Very little work to bring it to where it could support gloss black. All the parts like a new top, upholstery, seat springs, headlight parts, etc. are up in the rafters. Like a great big model car kit waiting to be built, then driven 35 mph. Lots of fun, but kinda slow.

I guess I am just still being surprised at how "brand new" this 4 year old bike is. Going to break 150 miles today. Some of the pitting in the chrome is still visible, but man, she polished up nice.

Check the VIN and see if it falls in range of the head gasket recall. I think it affects 07 models. If caught early enough it just needs a head retorque. If it starts leaking will need the head gasket replaced, but I think its on Yamaha's dime either way.

RSTDdog