IGNORED

Noise Snare’ ready to muffle Calgary bikers

Pic

It won't work. Arizona employed cameras on the freeways for speeders and at lights. Last I heard there were too many problems. Anyone here from AZ care to comment? Are they still using them? Colorado uses cameras for the toll collection. I was out there with three other bikes in August, some got the toll in the mail, I still have'nt. If it does actually work, I would think your bike would have to be pretty loud to trigger it.

Well, while it may not work 100%, it likely works to some extent. If they do it like the do the red light cameras in most places, they really won't care so much if it works 100% or not. Most of the red light cameras, at least the ones around here, are installed free of charge to the cities. If I remember correctly, it is an Australian company. They install the cameras free of charge and then the revenue from tickets is shared between the company and the city. So what it it is only 50% effective? The city is still making money with no or very little cost. Probably some administrative costs is all.

Well, while it may not work 100%, it likely works to some extent. If they do it like the do the red light cameras in most places, they really won't care so much if it works 100% or not. Most of the red light cameras, at least the ones around here, are installed free of charge to the cities. If I remember correctly, it is an Australian company. They install the cameras free of charge and then the revenue from tickets is shared between the company and the city. So what it it is only 50% effective? The city is still making money with no or very little cost. Probably some administrative costs is all.

Actually they cost the city/village money to have these cameras. From the outside it looks like a money maker for the Police but they make very little money if any here in Illinois. Maybe it's the way the law is here that causes it not to be a money maker. It's very labor intensive just to get the ticket sent out.

Several of the cities are taking the cameras out.

BOO

Marshall TX:mo money:. has the red light camera's with most of there traffic lights set very quick from yellow to red IMHO its a total scam. I had my picture taken and a month later I got a bill not a ticket with a picture of just my license plate no way to prove who was behind the wheel. Long story short I paid up 75 bucks cheap fine. You dont pay and your turned over to a collection agency no court date no warrants it just against your credit explains it all on the back of the bill. The fine is cheap enough folks cant really afford to fight it especially if your from out of town like me. Not sure what recourse you would have on the collection agency after they started harassing you for not paying.

DON'T HAVE ANY PYGMIES TO SIC ON THEM

Welcome to my world !! Speed camera's here are said to save lives, some may, but mostly it's revenue raising for the councils

I went to STAR Days in Wisconsin last July, on my RSV.

A week later, I got a letter from the IL Toll Dept issuing me 3 tickets for my CAR skipping booths. Go Figure.

Oh, forgot,,, my wife did drive across IL to meet me,,,, IN MY CAR!

(IL toll booths use an I-Pass. If you don't know how that works, you will probably get several photo tickets passing through the state. Toll booths look like exits,,, NO HONEY, you don't pay at the end like you do in Indiana. The IL scam is old fashion,,,,simple deception. Ignorance of the law is 9/10's of their income. They let you "go to court" via snail-mail. Just send the money, you won't beat it.)

We had speed cameras here for many years then they got rid of them. They made no difference to the accident rate, just another way to generate revenue. We have government insurance here so on top of the ticket your insurance rate would go up. They are now talking about putting in intersection cameras. Having seen what goes on at intersections I agree with them entirely. They will save lives, especially bikers lives.

Interesting how this stuff works. Our local speed camera is about five miles from Bristol Motor Speedway and twice a year, Bluff City, TN will issue about 500 tickets during those weeks. But, if you pay the ticket, they don't notify your insurance.

For any type of mechanical device used to measure speed or noise, it must be discriminating enough to determine the actual offender. For noise, with two bikes running near each other, one quite and one loud, who gets the ticket? This is also why I have a radar detector on my bike. I have less bounce back from radar than a truck a distance behind me and I don't want his ticket if he is speeding and I am not.

RandyA