IGNORED

Rear View Safety Camera System ?

GolfVenture

I installed a camera on my truck because the rear visibility is nonexistant!!

I found myself watching the camera when going down the road more than looking where I was going. Bad deal in any vehicle!!!:no-no-no::confused::no-no-no:

Ended up rewireing it so that it would only come on when the truck was in reverse.

I would pass on a camera for the bike unless you have more willpower than I.

I installed a camera on my truck because the rear visibility is nonexistant!!

I found myself watching the camera when going down the road more than looking where I was going. Bad deal in any vehicle!!!:no-no-no::confused::no-no-no:

Ended up rewireing it so that it would only come on when the truck was in reverse.

I would pass on a camera for the bike unless you have more willpower than I.

I plan on hooking it up to a push button switch, so when pushed it is on and let go it is off. I made a bracket that holds two switches that goes next to the horn button. See picture. The picture might need rotating, but the square hole goes over the horn button and the two round holes will accomodiate two push buttons and the other small hole is the mounting screw that is used to keep the horn/etc switch housing together. I'll probabaly need to scrape some paint off the left of the horn button to the metal part of my bracket so can be welded using JB Weld.

Heck if I don't like it on the Venture I can install it for my RV.

The distraction issue is a matter of training. I have a camera on my RV and use it like you would a rear view mirror. I suppose if the monitor was mounted near mirror level you could scan it fairly easy.

IMHO my GPS is less of a distraction than a tank bag map. With voice prompts about upcoming turns I am not trying to glance at a piece of paper and figure out where I am from that glance. Or trying to pull off the road in traffic to read a map.

Your rear view mirrors or that pretty flower can be a distraction if you let it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk