IGNORED

Finally..at last

Sylvester

Got a call yesterday afternoon from Uwe at UNB Customs in Denver, NC. My sidecar conversin is ready to pick up on Monday. The used sidecar became a mini nightmare. Originally it was connected to a HD Ultra and Uwe had to order the correct attachment arms. This was four weeks ago. Hannigan sent the wrong kit a week later, and it took another week to get the right kit. Uwe assembled the kit to find out that the attachment clips to the bike were wrong. Another week goes by and the clips come in. Uwe hooks these up and WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENS? The bolts on the upper attachment require one left hand thread and one right hand thread, they sent two right hand threaded bolts. :doh: But all is right with the world now. :clap2:

Plenty of time this winter to get used to this set up.

:farmer:

Now you go to your room young man and don't come out until you have pictures. :whistling:

Now that is just not fair. I clearly stated that I would pick it up on Monday and already the "Where are the pics?" starts. I may not post them when I get the machine back since you all are being so rude. I may even go to Canada with the bike and never come back. That would teach you. Maybe Mexico. I could mount a mini thirty on the car and act like Pancho Villa.

Probably I will just post the pics Monday... :whistling:

Ride Monday afternoon?:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::sign woo hoo:

I would like to, but I really need some time to get used to this setup. I told Uwe not to do the electrical since I needed to do this at the same time I add the trailer connection for the trailer I bought to go along with this road machine for two or three.

Thanks for the offer and we do need to get together.

I'll see you Tuesday at Mean City Cycles,,, with the Kumho spare.

You bringing the sidecar to tote it back? Love to see it.

Mike G

If I can get used to it that quickly. I am picking it up about ten this morning with a trailer. See you tomorrow, Mike.

so... its Monday.... where are the pics !!!!

Family get together yesterday. Called my wife when I picked up the bike and hack and asked where the camera was. "In my car, I had to show the girls at work the pictures of our family". So you can wait till tomorrow, I guess.

That is the best excuse I can come up with, but unlike Yammer Dan I can take a picture and download it.

That ought to slow that 2nd Gen down even more!!!:rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

But it does look good.....:whistling:

Actually it does slow down the acceleration a lot. You need to be easy or it will pull hard right. I took it out today and met Mike G in SC at a bike seat shop in Maiden, NC. Got used to the hack pretty quick. The electric camber control rocks. At the beginning it would pull me around and my arms were getting sore trying to keep it on the road, then I started playing with the camber control and it smoothed out. I even lifted the car off the pavement at one time. I ran it on the highway at seventy five on cruise and it did good. On hills it pulls down the speed but not enough to shut down the cruise control. All in all I like it. Tomorrow I have a PGR mission so we'll see how that works.

Actually it does slow down the acceleration a lot. You need to be easy or it will pull hard right. I took it out today and met Mike G in SC at a bike seat shop in Maiden, NC. Got used to the hack pretty quick. The electric camber control rocks. At the beginning it would pull me around and my arms were getting sore trying to keep it on the road, then I started playing with the camber control and it smoothed out. I even lifted the car off the pavement at one time. I ran it on the highway at seventy five on cruise and it did good. On hills it pulls down the speed but not enough to shut down the cruise control. All in all I like it. Tomorrow I have a PGR mission so we'll see how that works.

Jim and ya'll,

The bike and side car look great.

I followed Jim for about 6 miles of back road and 20 miles of interstate.

It tracks great from what I could see. Did good on bumps on the 2 lane.

Didn't appear to lack power.

Might brighten up the tail light (run/brake/turn LED) when you can.

Looks good, Jim. Let me know when you put on the Kumho.

Wish I had put my point & shoot camera in my windshield bag, would have got a video for you.

Mike G

I took you serious and went out and checked the lights. I can't imagine them getting any brighter without setting off civil defense sirens. :clap2:

Jim,

Your bike signal lights are quite bright (for brake and turn).

The one on the sidecar was not as obvious (is it LED?).

Not required, but I think it did not blink for right turn (but of course the one on the bike does,,, but now that's in the middle of the mass).

My observation was:

Your bike rear signal lights are bright LED for brake & turn, not "run".

Your bike tail light is brake/run, not as bright as the signal LEDs.

The sidecar light is brake (as it was daytime, not sure if it was "run" but assume it runs off the bike tail light), not turn.

But I wasn't writing this stuff down, so I might be overthinking it today.

But I do remember what I had for lunch yesterday,,, oh, and don't eat at the Chinese place in Maiden.

Mike G

Edited by Mike G in SC