IGNORED

made the jump to a 2nd gen...

tomephil

Yes, I have been riding the 2nd gen for about 2 weeks. Today I washed the 84, rode it and put in fuel stabilizer to put it away for the winter and I still "really" like that bike!

I just don't want to be stuck in a tent or hotel room looking for parts on ebay.

You gonna keep the 1st gen anyway? You can still get parts albeit mostly used...

You know the answer, actually it is just a different ride, 2 different animals. (both red)

I almost think my 84 is geared different, fast, but the 2000 seems to have more low end torque? I may be wrong. Both pass great on the highway and that is all that matters to me. ( and its red)

I used to find the clutch whine on the 1st gen annoying, not any more! If you've had both, you know what I mean. (but its red)

Even with almost original pipes, the 84 is quieter then the 2000. (I do not believe loud pipes save lives. Loud pipes just piss people off.) I will be looking at the possibility of quieter pipes for next summer. (the pipes aren't red)

My biggest concern is the foot forward issue but I am going to modify the heal/toe shifter (as someone did on the site) and maybe back extend the floor boards somehow... I'll get around to that in the spring.

Putting in a drivers back rest will help.

I am someone who rides 2 up a lot, I like the low centre of gravity on the 2nd gen!

Just 2 different, but red animals.

I now need to start searching for safety chrome parts for next summer.

1. drivers back rest

2. passenger's arm rests

3. Windshield air vents, I'll do that next spring

4. Someone on the site made an air block to bock air on your legs.

5. saddlebag guards and the trunk carrier.

6. quieter pipes

7. trailer or camper trailer

8. the list goes on and on... but its a fun list!

Both redheads are fast enough for me.

And now we can get another valued opinion. Just how much faster is the 1st Gen than the 2nd????:whistling::whistling:

Quite the list Tom!! As far as the clutch goes, just keep thinking "Meet George Jetson..."

OK the backrest will make worlds of difference. Go with Diamond R or Utopia.

Passenger Arm Rests. I STRONGLY recommend going with Carbon1 as they flip up, not swing out. Larry does a first class job with them!

Windshield air vents. Depending on the condition of your existing shield, you may want to consider a blem Clearview to save a little money, or an F4.

Yes those knee shields do make a difference in cool weather.

Saddlebag guards and trunk carrier. Fleabay for the best price. The show chrome trunk rack is pretty good but make yourself a set of braces for above and below the trunk lid.

Quieter pipes. You are on your own there. I agree with what you say about loud pipes.

Trailer. Come to the International next summer and win one!

Congrats Tom! I knew you would eventually.

Thanks to BigBob I just happen to have a stock set of muffs for you if you are interested.

I got my saddlebag rails off of ebay for around 150 ish. Not bad considering what mamma yamma wants for them. I've had Utopia on the midnight that Gord and Laura has....good set up....so its the other one.

Trunk rack....hmmm.

Nice bike...even if its a red! Ya know I gotta have my blue!

Thanks Bob,

I'll check this out.

We're already planing on the international, its been 2 years too long!

Quite the list Tom!! As far as the clutch goes, just keep thinking "Meet George Jetson..."

OK the backrest will make worlds of difference. Go with Diamond R or Utopia.

Passenger Arm Rests. I STRONGLY recommend going with Carbon1 as they flip up, not swing out. Larry does a first class job with them!

Windshield air vents. Depending on the condition of your existing shield, you may want to consider a blem Clearview to save a little money, or an F4.

Yes those knee shields do make a difference in cool weather.

Saddlebag guards and trunk carrier. Fleabay for the best price. The show chrome trunk rack is pretty good but make yourself a set of braces for above and below the trunk lid.

Quieter pipes. You are on your own there. I agree with what you say about loud pipes.

Trailer. Come to the International next summer and win one!

Thanks to BigBob I just happen to have a stock set of muffs for you if you are interested.

I got my saddlebag rails off of ebay for around 150 ish. Not bad considering what mamma yamma wants for them. I've had Utopia on the midnight that Gord and Laura has....good set up....so its the other one.

Trunk rack....hmmm.

FYI I took those off my 2004, only about 6000 kms on those muffs.

Good choice Tom white would of been nicer. red is OK Bob

Thanks Rick,

I'm not sure what is on the bike now, if it is stock I will have to go quiet aftermarket.

I'll let you know.

Blue is good but... ( its not red)

Trunk rack....hmmm.