IGNORED

2nd Gen Venture Seat compatibility

jilldwr

All RSV seats mount the same. The only differences are in the padding and trim. Midnight seats have those girly studs around them, early RSV seats were more flat on the top - more like a typical motorcycle seat, and later models have the pillow-top seats.

Goose

Thanks for the quick replies.

Can the TD/TC seat be easily modded to fit on the RSV? This would open up a lot more possibilities as far as finding a reasonable replacement.

It currently has a pretty beat-up corbin on it thats got to go.

Can the TD/TC seat be easily modded to fit on the RSV? This would open up a lot more possibilities as far as finding a reasonable replacement.

I believe I've heard of it being done, but usually its done the other way around.

I have both a RSTD and a RSV with the old style seat. The RSV seat is more comfortable.

The old style seats should be easy to find used at a good price. Send it to Rick Butler to be modified and you should be happy unless you really need a custom seat.

Have this seat recovered and modified. I think Rick could probably do this. You could add some gel to the seat and he can do you a good job. He can be bring you up higher in the seat or lower or whatever you need. Just give him some measurements. He also cuts the seat out to relax your tail bone some.

Rick redid my stock seat and I went from sitting for 50 miles to sitting for 100 miles. Or go with http://www.day-long.com/ or http://www.ultimateseats.ca/yamaharoyalstarTD.html or

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/other_ideas3.htm I have been checking this out for later this winter. I have not decided whole heartily yet. Some of these seats can be pricey. I have read a lot about these two seats and I believe they may be worth the money. But then again, I could redo my own and try the gel pad insert for around a 100 bucks....:confused24: :think: :puzzled:

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

All RSV seats mount the same. The only differences are in the padding and trim. Midnight seats have those girly studs around them, early RSV seats were more flat on the top - more like a typical motorcycle seat, and later models have the pillow-top seats.

Goose

TeeHeeHee :stirthepot:

I noticed that too Hummingbird, just wondering when someone with the Midnight would chime in.

Fuzzy

D.W.

Even though the RSV seats can be modified to fit the RSTD (with some special brackets), it would be very difficult (but not impossible) to fit the TD seat on your Venture. Plus the oem TD passenger seat is much smaller than the RSV passenger (if that makes a difference). And the TD driver seat is also smaller in overall size than the RSV?

So I would suggest that you find a set of either, the standard (from 99-2000), the Midnight with studs (from 2002 - 2006), or the pillowtop seat (from 2001 - 2011). The Midnight seats are basically the early standard seat, but with studs on the edges. In 2007 they made the last Midnight model, but put pillowtop seat on it.

And even though the pillowtop seats are my favorite seat to rework, I do a nice job on either where you can see what I do to these seats in the Classifieds under Member Vendors.

Hope this helps,

Rick