IGNORED

1st Day Back

Yammer Dan

GREAT WORKLOUT TONIGHT!! I FEEL GOOD!! Get up off your fat butt and do something!! Some nights it really feels good. I knew there were nights like this when doing this stuff but hadn't had one since starting back!! Didn't do bad for a one-legged Decrepited old MFer!!! May find the old Yammer Yet...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading the postings on your post. GOOOD progress. :cool10: I need to hit it tomorrow about 1:30, then my chiropractor at 4; Wed will be mid 50's and I'll ride. I feel still and old when I don't do my prescribed exercises.

Have you thought :fingers-crossed-emo about using one of the trainers for one hour? He can set you up a specific program just for your body needs. :080402gudl_prv:

Keep going! And keep us all posted. I don't want to pass your bike this way while on mine:

:mytruck1:

Jack Z

I have several programs and end up not following any of them. It is probally better to have a set workout but I end up just moving from one station to another and cover most of them. I see a lot of guys waiting 5 to 10 min between sets. I try to keep moving and doing something. I've never figured out what the best approach to this is. The biggest step is to get in there and do something.

... are only needed if you are really pushing and get the heart pumping up and breathing a little hard. Muscles need time to react, as does the entire body. With what you described, ... probably not needed. :rotf:Sometimes, just pausing to laugh at ourselves helps! Just judge how you feel, and keep the good work up. Tomorrow I exercise by riding here along the foot hills (not the time of year to go up towards the rockies ... well, not just yet! LOL).

Take care!

Jack T

Young kid got hurt at the gym tonight. He was benching without a spotter. I was watching him and moving towards the bench when his shoulder seperated. I did manager to catch the bar and keep it from falling on him. Lessons learned like that stay with you. There are a bunch of young kids in there pretty often and I tell them. Showing off on a flat bench will get you real quick. You will spend a long time not being able to impress the girls while you recover.

Had to ask the Warden for a little rubdown this morning. Shoulders really sore. I think from the shock of grabbing that bar in mid-air. Thinking back I think the kid hit the rack with the bar. Thats what got my attention. When bar hit rack it threw it sideways throwing all weight on one arm sideways. Shoulder said NO. I feel a little guilty. I've been telling these kids not to do stuff like that and I should have stepped over there sooner but was working myself. The Director has been leaving me alone with these kids telling me to keep them straight. I can show them a lot. Some of them already stronger than I am. Maybe I should have been watching closer. Guess I'm feeling guilty.

Get up and go got up and went somewhere tonight. Just didn't have much.

Good thing about this is I have a day off from the soreness today. I've been pushing it. Probally too much for a old man. Staying very sore. Seems more than I should but its been a lot of years since I went thru the staying sore stage.When I was in the gym a lot I only got sore on the days I really pushed it.

Edited by Yammer Dan

I'm trying to work out the pain in my shoulders and left wrist, they brought new stuff up for me to try. Straps that go over the door that you can use to fake the floor type push-ups, doing bicep workouts and a bunch of other stuff. I work on my legs with a bike-type machine that adds resistance, has an upper rotational device with round handles on it that works great for my arms. THAT's what hurts me everytime I do it! It's worse the next day....

You're giving me the drive to keep doing it Yammer, we're both the same build and I can't see you getting bigger than me!!!!

Getting in the habit of doing it is hard to do Dano. I have everything sitting at home and I can walk around it. The reason I started this thread was to push myself and maybe get a few challenges from others but they all ran and hid!!:rotfl:

I joined the gym because it just puts things in a direction. Make any sense? I paid for the gym and my family(includes this bunch) knows it. Thats why the thread. To keep me from quiting. I'm not doing it to loose weight although it sure wouldn't hurt anything. I just want back what I had when I could walk the yard of a Maxium Security Prison and no one got in my way!! I had fallen so far it finally just had to be done. I spent about 4 yrs in that chair with the remote.

Just keep after it Dano. I'll remind you once in a while and you do the same for me. After you do it for a while you don't want to miss but it takes a while to create that want to.

You know I was about ready to upset the Warden when you put that 84 up for sale.