IGNORED

Second time in six months..

Tommy

I just returned from the funeral of John Shockley, he was 46. John was a riding and shooting buddy. He was in Florida for a Goldwing meet and, outside of Ocala, Florida a car in the oncoming southbound lane hydroplaned across the median , hit the guard rail on the northbound lane spun around, and came to a stop blocking a full lane and a half of the northbound highway. It was dark, about 6:40am and raining. John did not have time to react and hit the stationary car in the right rear passenger door. It appears he was traveling around 65 mph. according to reports of the other riders in the group. John was a prankster who enjoyed swiping my motorcycle key just to see how I would react when everyone was ready to go and I couldn't find a way to start Bertha....A great guy and riding partner, I will miss his wry grin and soft manner. I have to believe that somewhere in heaven there is a great two lane mountain road where John and Don Spiker are riding together...Please be careful out there...I can't stand the thought of losing anymore of my friends.....Tommy

So sorry for your lose Tommy. What a tragic event especially this time of year. Our prayers for the family and friends. I wish we had our own road but the facts are. The highway belongs to the cagers and truckers. 800 lb vs. 2-20 ton don't mix and we are out numbered and worse unseen. Be careful guys and may God's peace be with you.

Never good to hear of a brother going down and not making it, sorry for your loss Tom..

I would like to add something that might help a bit...

I'm a glass half full type guy, and try to see the silver lining in the rain clouds. We should all be so lucky as John, as to when we do go to meet the maker, we are doing something we love and with the brothers and sisters we love...just some food for thought

God Bless his family and friends, for he is in a much better place.

Never good to hear of a brother going down and not making it, sorry for your loss Tom..

I would like to add something that might help a bit...

I'm a glass half full type guy, and try to see the silver lining in the rain clouds. We should all be so lucky as John, as to when we do go to meet the maker, we are doing something we love and with the brothers and sisters we love...just some food for thought

God Bless his family and friends, for he is in a much better place.

brad. i've been waiting , for just the right words to DITTO!!!!

you put them all together, for me.

tom! you and your friend, john's families are in my prayers.

just jt