IGNORED

Friend in need of prayer for his son.

My co-worker and friend and brother in the Lord, Philip Howard, is need of prayer for his family. His son Ben Howard (20 yrs old) wrecked his four wheeler ATV yesterday afternoon and had to be flown to the UK hospital in Lexington,KY. He is in critical shape and may be paralyzed from his chest down. He is to be operated on tomorrow.The young man is a good Christian boy and that is very good. He is in need of prayer and please remember his family also.

This is very devastating news to me and all those I work with. We are a close nit group that work together at the State Highway Department. We spend many hours working together and watching out for one another as we do a dangerous job, especially through the winter months. Please remember us all in prayer as we all pray for Ben and his family.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Thank you all very much.

Ben had his surgery today and is still in recovery status as of now, that is if everything went OK. No word yet. The surgery began at 11:30 AM today and was expected to be done by 4:30 PM. We are still praying and hoping for the best.

I will update as I can about this. Once again, I appreciate your concern and all the prayers for this family that you do not even know. God knows my heart is touched by this and we all do appreciate you.

James

Ben came through the surgery OK. Still not a lot of hope that he will walk again according to the doctors. They put in pins in his back. Also put some wire mesh to keep the bone fragments from working through or out and doing more harm. The family is still praying and not giving up faith that Ben will walk again. Please keep praying. The main doctor (God) may have a different opinion. Thank you all.

James

Ben has now had the tubes removed from his throat and is able to talk. He has been moved from extreme intensive care to one more step below that. Thank you all for your prayers. The word for now is that he is progressing some and is paralyzed from chest down.

The Pastor from his church is very close with the family and Ben,s Dad (Philip) has been saved for 3-4 years now. The Pastor (Harvey) was there when the EMT's loaded Ben into the life flight chopper and some how one of Ben's shoes ended up in the back of his truck. Harvey had no idea how it got there. Harvey took the shoe to the church and placed it upon the pulpit and said that this would be a reminder to everyone to remember Ben and to keep the faith that Ben would walk again. He said that Ben would be wearing this shoe.

Thanks again to all and please keep praying.

James

Ben is now back in the extreme intensive care unit. He has a long long long way to go. He is now having infection problems from his punctured lungs and all the surgery. His Dad (Philip) is leaving his side for the first time tonight to try to get a room there in Lexington,KY and get some sleep. It has been six days since he last slept. Please keep praying for Ben and his family. The family is still praying and not giving up faith that Ben will walk again. Please keep praying. The main doctor (God) may have a different opinion than the doctors at the hospital.Thank you all.

Fuzzy

Ben is now doing fairly well. He is talking and has been moved to a lower section of intensive care. He has been sat up in a chair. His Dad Phillip, spent a night at home this past Wed. Ben has no fever now and is doing real well. No change as far as being able to walk again, but we are all still praying and hoping for the very best. God bless each and everyone of my VentureRider.Org family. Thank from the bottom of our hearts. Please keep Ben in your prayers. God has already done so much.

Regards,

Fuzzy