IGNORED

Thanks to VentureRider.org

I'm new to the Ventureriders forums, but want to say thanks to all that have posted. I purchased a 2006 RSTD Midnight about a month ago with 12,000 miles on it. I bought it from a local Harley dealership, so don't know how it was maintained. All was fine until I went to work two weeks ago. The bike ran like it was running on 2 cylinders and had no power. A guy at work shamed me into paying the $12.00 to become a full member. Best money I have ever spent. Been busy at work so haven't had time to work on it until the night before last. Some post I have read said it sounded like a stuck float or a plugged jet. I tried to tap the carbs after shutting off the gas...etc. Well I thought it was time to pull the carbs and clean them. Thinking 12,000 miles on a 5 year old bike wasn't all that much and the bike may have sat for some time. I decided to grab some spark plugs, oil and filter, and a CarbTuneII ($50.00 on Ebay), brakes, and an Avon Venom rear tire. Started tearing the bike apart. pulled the seat, then the tank. When I went to pull the Airbox, I noticed the two boots that connect the airbox to the carbs were loose and had some oil on the carbs. I pulled the airbox and cleaned the oil from the boots and the carbs, replace the spark plugs, synced the carbs, change the oil, changed the brakes, and replaced the rear tire.

The bike is running fantastic now. I want to get out for a ride but the rainy Ohio weather is keeping me in.

Everything I did to the bike in the last two days I learned here on this forum. I have to say it would have cost me well over $12.00 to have the steelership work on it....

Just wanted to say thanks.

You ain't even got to the best part yet. You'll make friends here that will last a lifetime.. That's priceless...

Sounds like a commercial I heard somewhere.:whistling::rotf::rotf:

Yeh and you will notice they are all wearing white coats just waiting to make your

Acquaintance

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Haven't become a paying member yet but I will.I just bought an 01 Royal Star Venture last weekend and got a hell of a deal on it because it had a slight backfire on deceleration occasionally.Got on this site and found out about the AIS valve thing and took care of my backfire and in the process found the vacumn leak that was causing the backfire when I did a modification with the vacumn hose and found the rubber caps on the carbs were cracked.Then read about drilling out the exhaust and did that and love the sound of my bike now.So far I really like this forum.Now just if I could find a place to get passenger armrests for the wife and windshield pouches or bags for my bike.:missingtooth:

hmm......ONE word....Frog Toggs.....

Frog plus Toggs = .......hmmmmmm

I need to find my calculator but SOMETHING just doesn't seem to be adding up. :whistling:

That aside....I agree. We really like our Frog Toggs. They work well and you don't cook inside them when it's warmer outside.

I've been on several bike forums in the past and this one is the best one yet.. Well informed, helpful people with tons of experience. no flames, no trolls and just the occasional well intended barb for good measure ;)

Money well spent..

And yes, nods to the Frogg Toggs.. I'd always thought that they would be the wimpiest and inefficient rain garment whenever I had seen them but after your first torrential downpour, you quickly appreciate how well they work in repelling rain and keeping you cool. My previous set of rain gear were excellent HH set that were water proof but didn't breathe so you sweated and ended up wet anyway.. Not the case with the Froggs.