IGNORED

The Good Ol' Days

Condor

I found a cardboard box full of ammo laying in the back of the closet that I don't even remember buying, it had been so long ago. While poking thru all the different calibers I ran across this Mobile Oil gas receipt dated 11/6/65 where the customer bought 11.4 gallons of fuel for the grand total of $3.40. Works out to around .29/gal. We've come a long way baby!!! :mo money:

I found a cardboard box full of ammo laying in the back of the closet that I don't even remember buying, it had been so long ago. While poking thru all the different calibers I ran across this Mobile Oil gas receipt dated 11/6/65 where the customer bought 11.4 gallons of fuel for the grand total of $3.40. Works out to around .29/gal. We've come a long way baby!!! :mo money:

Wow Condor, don't know if I would trust that ammo, assuming it is that old. Lets see, I am 47 yrs old and I was born in 1963, so 2 minus the 47 leaves 45. Wow, 45 yrs old....mmmmm.

What caliber was this ammo ? 223 or 30/06 ......

You ought to mail that receipt in to congress, along with a few 100 thousand signatures .....:rotf::rotf::confused24: :325: :thumbsup2:

Fuzzy

Wow Condor, don't know if I would trust that ammo, assuming it is that old. Lets see, I am 47 yrs old and I was born in 1963, so 2 minus the 47 leaves 45. Wow, 45 yrs old....mmmmm.

You ought to mail that receipt in to congress, along with a few 100 thousand signatures .....

Fuzzy

BALL AND CAP!! :rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry:

BOO

You ought to mail that receipt in to congress, along with a few 100 thousand signatures .....:confused24:

Fuzzy

:sign20: Yeah it's old but just like me it should still fire. Lotsa calibers. 7x57, 25-06, 243, 270, 264 mag, 300 savage, 44mag, 222rem, 5.56 ball, Western X Shot shells... etc. Also a couple of Remington Mod.742 270 4 round clips. Only 2 rounds of '06... :) I'm going to put it on The Cal Gun board and see if I can get rid of it to a collector maybe?? I used to own a custom 264mag but it got legs when I wasn't paying attention. There's about 3 boxes of the 264... Dang!! Pretty cheap gas.... :)

That 300 Savage is getting hard to find around here. I have a Remington 760 "Gamemaster" 300 Savage. Never been cut for a scope. When the boys get their toys out and start lining up their scopes I bring out the "Savage" and show them how it is done.

That's rarer than chicken lips.... Most 300 Savage came in the Savage 99E Lever.

That 300 Savage is getting hard to find around here. I have a Remington 760 "Gamemaster" 300 Savage. Never been cut for a scope. When the boys get their toys out and start lining up their scopes I bring out the "Savage" and show them how it is done.
How maney ever catch on that your really hanging a target with a hole cut out of dead center and shooting off blanks:witch_brew::rotfl:

LOL ... in those days we could "cruise" all night long on 2 bucks worth of gas... heck, today it's more like $40 ... or 2,000 percent higher! Now if only my income had increased by that % !!!

I also have a 760 gamemaster pump. It was my dads, and all of us boys grew up shooting it. It is a 30-06 outfitted with a weaver 4 power scope. My son shot it last year, but we finally relegated it to back up this year. I won a Tikka T3 in a fire dept. fundraiser raffle. I got that in a .270 short mag. Good thing deer season is usaually pretty cold. Get to wear a heavy coat which is a good thing because that Tikka will whop you when you pull the trigger. But it is pretty cool that one gun can go through 5 family members and more than one occaison a neighbor used it as well. That says a lot for how things used to be made....

:sign20: Yeah it's old but just like me it should still fire. Lotsa calibers. 7x57, 25-06, 243, 270, 264 mag, 300 savage, 44mag, 222rem, 5.56 ball, Western X Shot shells... etc. Also a couple of Remington Mod.742 270 4 round clips. Only 2 rounds of '06... :) I'm going to put it on The Cal Gun board and see if I can get rid of it to a collector maybe?? I used to own a custom 264mag but it got legs when I wasn't paying attention. There's about 3 boxes of the 264... Dang!! Pretty cheap gas.... :)

If you have any original Mod. 742 mags in 30.06 I'd be interested in getting them from you.

I can remember in my teen years I could go out on a Friday night and fill my car (1957 2dr. hardtop chevy Belair which I gave 250.00 for)and buy a case of Budweiser and a pack of Marlboros and pay me and the girlfriends way into the drive-in,all for $10.00.Was making $1.50 an hour at two jobs pumping gas and sacking groceries and thought I was rich.AHHHH the good ole days.

I can remember in my teen years I could go out on a Friday night and fill my car (1957 2dr. hardtop chevy Belair which I gave 250.00 for)and buy a case of Budweiser and a pack of Marlboros and pay me and the girlfriends way into the drive-in,all for $10.00.Was making $1.50 an hour at two jobs pumping gas and sacking groceries and thought I was rich.AHHHH the good ole days.

LOL... I still tell the kids the story about getting a large combo pizza, a quart of Par-T-Pak soda, and go to a drive-in movie... for less that $5 bucks... :) Also when I packed up the 53 Ford, left L.A., and headed to Denver U my last tank of gas ran 19 9/10 a gallon. Had a heart attack when I heard gas was 36/9 in Colorado.... Yikes!!! :sign woo hoo:

LOL... I still tell the kids the story about getting a large combo pizza, a quart of Par-T-Pak soda, and go to a drive-in movie... for less that $5 bucks... :) Also when I packed up the 53 Ford, left L.A., and headed to Denver U my last tank of gas ran 19 9/10 a gallon. Had a heart attack when I heard gas was 36/9 in Colorado.... Yikes!!! :sign woo hoo:

Come on Condor, fess up. What is the cheapest price for gasoline that you can remember. Heck, I'm not that much younger than you and I can remember buying gas for my 39 Olds for 17 cents a gallon. And I was earning the princely sum of 75 cents and hour.

Ah yes. The good old days.

:mytruck1: