I know you guys feel grateful because this could easily be one of you. Know this is what I do. I help those that need it. Sometimes it's a kind word, sometimes a smile, sometimes just being there is it. I'm a stay at home housewife who often gets stuck at home alot. I rarely feel useful or needed. I'm 37 and retired because of cerebral palsy at the age of 26. I live my days waiting to be needed. I know what it is to pass the days in a hospital bed alone, been there, not fun. If I can be of help, I'm there if I'm able. It's the kind of person I am.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know looking at the pictures of Tom's helmet and clothing from the wreck brings back too many no so fond memories of ours in June except one and that is how quick Black Owl was to search out and send us flowers in the hospital.I know Tom will appreciate the effort also and all of the well wishes from this group.We sure did.Tom get well and back on the road soon.

Paul and Cynthia.

Talked to Tom today, he sounded good. He was amazed at the generosity and kindness of the members from this site.

THERE IS DEFINITELY NO-OTHER MOTORCYCLE SITE LIKE THIS ONE!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

He said he was amazed at what members from this site are doing for him, and doesn't know how to thank them, because they have done so much.

He also told me of the bear and the flowers, said it was a big surprise and really helped lift his spirits.

You folks are definitely one great group of people!!!!!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

To all:

I spent the last two days with Tom. Yesterday afternoon while I was visiting, he had his lung drain tube removed. It was a source of major irriation and what he wanted most to be rid of. He was so happy when the 2 Drs. came in to remove it. Just moving the wrong way caused intense searing pain. I thought it was from the broken ribs or collarbone, but Tom could feel the tube causing the pain. When I saw the size of the tube being removed, I can only imagine the ordeal he is experiencing with that tube in his chest. After I left him at 9 pm my first evening, a nurse came in and spent over three+ hours addressing his road rash and reapplying dressings. Tom said that he was able to shift position a bit in bed without sticking to the sheets after that. We agreed that the overall care he is receiving is excellent. One of the day nurses is also a biker..and it shows with the care and extra concern she has for Tom. While I was there, the Venture Riders flowers and Bear arrived, and it just lit up his day. He is amazed that so many care...This Venture group is the best...keep it coming. He is such a trooper, enduring searing pain and having to grit his teeth just to move or reposition a bit. He is able to sit up and yesterday took a long walk with his physical theripist, so he is now cleared to go to his bathroom without calling for assistance. The problem is getting to the sitting or standing position in order to do that without disturbing all the broken ribs. Then another ordeal to reach for and use the toilet paper without moving your broken collerbone...almost impossible without enduring severe pain. To those riders who have been there, done that, I need say no more.

Hats off to Cowboy and Randy, who drove for 5 or more hours to secure his personal belongings and assist on getting his police report & claim started, as well as GaWildCat, who has been there since day 1 to help manuveur him so he could sit up, (she taught me) also get him personal items not available and update him on the Venture Riders website posts. In closing, you can see it all in his smile. Each passing day he gets more strength, he is eating very well, and naturally, anxious to get home to Florida. The pain he endured to sit up for the picture and make a couple phone calls is surely a welcome relief to all concerned. Pray for his continued recovery & visit any way you can.

Y'all are a caring bunch of riders, and Lori & I are proud to be a part of this Venture family.

Lori & George Guerin Snellville Ga.

Thank you to all of you involved with helping Tom out. I would like to say that I am surprised at what has happened here with the members, but I'm not. This is a VERY different place, and I have made lifelong friends here and have seen just this several times. It still warms my heart to see folks do this, gives me some faith back in humanity.

Tom,

All the best in your recovery, I can only imagine the broken ribs and such. I helped my wife when we had our accident as she also broke her collar bone and it wasn't fun. I would say to let us know what you need, but it's apparent that several of our members are doing a great job with helping you out. God speed in your recovery and if there is something that we can do for you, please dont hesitate to ask.

....and for your guardian angels helping you in Georgia, Bravo Zulu! :thumbsup2:

Morning all,

I haven't gone to the hospital to check on Tom yet today. Last night he told me the hospital wanted to discharge him today but he didn't want to be a burden on his VR family by asking for rides to FL so he's trying to get the hospital to hold him til tomorrow and one of his friends from FL will drive here to get him. I know our VR family can take care of this if the need arises. I'll update once I get to the hospital.

Considering how Tom looked on Thursday, this is a lot sooner than I expected.

Good for Tom. The healing process will work much better once he's at home.

Tricia, thanks very much for all you've done for Tom and for keeping us updated.

sorry i haven't gotten on here sooner to reply, but got slammed at work and having problems with co-worker. but not to intrude on this post as i have seen the great care and comfort that this forum has always put out for members having great struggles in life.

TOM, glad to see you are doing better and getting out of the hospital. i know from experance that the hard times are coming when you are dealing with your pains and aftermath of the wreck, but stay strong and please let us know if you need any help or just someone to talk with during this time. most people don't know how imporant riding is to us, so it's good to have a great family like this to help us out in times of need. our thoughts and prayers are still with you and all that's helping in this matter. susan and don. :fingers-crossed-emo

Tom's sitting in the chair watching a movie. Very good progress towards a full recovery. He's complainimg rhe road rash itches alot today, otherwise his only complaint is he misses his dogs and can't wait to see them. He's grateful for all the well wishes.

Thanks so much in being there for Tom, its really amazing how God puts people in places they never thought they would be, had you not found VentureRider, and come to Vogel, Tom would not have had an angel by his side when he most needed it.

Thanks again Tricia.

Here with Tom, he has discharge orders for tomorrow morning provided the next chest xrays come back ok. Yay for Tom.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Edited by DragonRider