IGNORED

Back from Vogel,

Sleeperhawk

We had a great time, no bike accidents that we know of.

Great seeing the familiar faces and several new ones.

Quiet a few of us stayed at the Season's Inn, the owners were very nice and biker friendly.

They had fresh bike towels every morning, allowed us to party outside with no complaints, but we did pack it up by 10pm.

Taz, your apple cider was a great hit. Slept like a baby.

Honey Bee (used to be Warrior), well what can we say, between the bees knocking you down and Honey Buns chasing you, we're just worried you may not make it home in one piece.

Ken, thanks for letting me test ride your bike with that Vmax rear end, when I get the money I will be switching, dang what a difference in the ride.

Pete and Joel, great meeting both you. Joel can teach all of us how to keep that 2ng upright scraping pegs, not to sure Mechanic wants to lean like that though. Pete, sure did like the way your Vision lit up at night.

Sling, Peggy, Konnie, Eck, Riderduke, TC it was great being with all of you again.

You all Ride Safe

Mechanic will have pics up by tomorrow. :whistling:

P.S. No, I did NOT leave the Mechanic at a gas station this time.

We made it home from Vogel..3:15pm..

Cant say anything more then Sleeperhawk said.. just hope everyone gets back home safe..

I'm beat...hot, hot, hot,,,96degrees riding home...

My wife Konnie is a real trooper..she hung in there even in the heat..

Speaking of toppers, I met one PITA Trooper this morning.. in fact, he gave me a phone number to call tomorrow, to see how much I will be donating to the town of Hiwassee, Ga.

:mo money:

Oh Eck:yikes:, say it's not so!! Peggy and I past through a couple of Speed Traps, but fortunately for us "Others" were going faster then we were. The Troopers didn't want to speak to us. :080402gudl_prv: with the Donation. BTW we made it home safe and sound, it was great see our friends and making new ones. Till next time Ride safe everyone

We had a great time, no bike accidents that we know of.

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

We made it home, safe, just a few minutes ago. Waved bye to Kenny(kbran) and Beth in Meridian MS, about an hour and a half ago, after a HOT but uneventful trip down.

So good to see everybody again, just wish we all weren't so geographically spread out!!!

Yep, we're holed up at the Seasons Inn, recovering. After looking at my odo I just realized that I put over 1000 miles on her just for the vogel event... Time for an oil change when i get home (4000 miles since the last change I did when I first got the 'zuki).

I do have to give a huge thank you to Dragon(WokkaWokkaWokka)Rider for the most memorable weekend I've had in years! :stirthepot: :rofl:

I'm sorry to hear about your love letter from the state trouper, Eck. They're bad about speed trapping through Hiawassee this time of year. The locals say it's to keep those they affectionately call "Floridiots" within the bounds of georgia traffic law, but their methods will target anyone they think will either not have the balls or not have the time to fight them in court. What they do in Hiawassee borders on breaking the code in the O.C.G.A. against speed trapping, but they don't go far enough over that line to be able to do anything about it, legally.

Yep, we're holed up at the Seasons Inn, recovering. After looking at my odo I just realized that I put over 1000 miles on her just for the vogel event... Time for an oil change when i get home (4000 miles since the last change I did when I first got the 'zuki).

I do have to give a huge thank you to Dragon(WokkaWokkaWokka)Rider for the most memorable weekend I've had in years! :stirthepot: :rofl:

I'm sorry to hear about your love letter from the state trouper, Eck. They're bad about speed trapping through Hiawassee this time of year. The locals say it's to keep those they affectionately call "Floridiots" within the bounds of georgia traffic law, but their methods will target anyone they think will either not have the balls or not have the time to fight them in court. What they do in Hiawassee borders on breaking the code in the O.C.G.A. against speed trapping, but they don't go far enough over that line to be able to do anything about it, legally.

Well, this wasn't about speed traps, but more about Eck's generous heart.

The trooper thought Eck just wanted to give, took one look at me, well he knew I did not have a generous bone in my body. Sorry, no pics of this generous donation neither.

Well, this wasn't about speed traps, but more about Eck's generous heart.

The trooper thought Eck just wanted to give, took one look at me, well he knew I did not have a generous bone in my body. Sorry, no pics of this generous donation neither.

Eck's Goldwing just looked like it was going faster

:12101:

I don't know if this works or not, but if you can mail it in, make the check for a little more than the ticket is. That way the town will have to refund the difference and may just not bother with it.

I have not done this, could be an urban legend.

We made it home from Vogel..3:15pm..

Cant say anything more then Sleeperhawk said.. just hope everyone gets back home safe..

I'm beat...hot, hot, hot,,,96degrees riding home...

My wife Konnie is a real trooper..she hung in there even in the heat..

Speaking of toppers, I met one PITA Trooper this morning.. in fact, he gave me a phone number to call tomorrow, to see how much I will be donating to the town of Hiwassee, Ga.

:mo money:

I don't know if this works or not, but if you can mail it in, make the check for a little more than the ticket is. That way the town will have to refund the difference and may just not bother with it.

I have not done this, could be an urban legend.

This sounds like a plan.....Thanks for the idea..

We got home yesterday afternoon...after riding in the heat and a little rain. As soon as we stopped to put on the rainsuits, it quit raining of course.

Aussie Annie and Quickstep are here with us too. Wild Hair passed us on the highway somewhere..??? Wonder where he is going?

We had a great time tho and it was definitely fun! Always great to see old faces and meet new ones. Thanks Lewis and Charlene and all your helpers. It was a great event and hope we raised alot of money for St. Jude.

Patti and Don

As always, we had a wonderful time at Vogel! :happy65:

It was great seeing everyone, our old friends and meeting new friends! Even our daughter Jacque and her friend Jimmy were able to come and they really enjoyed hanging out with us! It inspired Jimmy to get his bike out when they got back to Huntsville and they went on a 100 mile trip into Tennessee! :whistling: We might even see them on two wheels in the future at one of our meet and eats!

Here are the pictures we took and I will repost this in the Picture folder! Once again, it was so good to see everyone! :bighug:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic/2011/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic%2020110820%20Vogel/

P.S. No, I did NOT leave the Mechanic at a gas station this time.

Good to hear, but have you done it, so far this year???? If so, she will probably have you in the doghouse. Or filling out a checklist at fuel stops; wallet, keys, helmet, gloves, Mechanic on bike.....

:stickpoke::rotf::rotf::rotf::canada:

Good to hear, but have you done it, so far this year???? If so, she will probably have you in the doghouse. Or filling out a checklist at fuel stops; wallet, keys, helmet, gloves, Mechanic on bike.....

:stickpoke::rotf::rotf::rotf::canada:

Not yet, still have 4 months to go and the heavier part of the riding season coming up :whistling:

As always' date=' we had a wonderful time at Vogel! :happy65:[/font']

It was great seeing everyone, our old friends and meeting new friends! Even our daughter Jacque and her friend Jimmy were able to come and they really enjoyed hanging out with us! It inspired Jimmy to get his bike out when they got back to Huntsville and they went on a 100 mile trip into Tennessee! :whistling: We might even see them on two wheels in the future at one of our meet and eats!

Here are the pictures we took and I will repost this in the Picture folder! Once again, it was so good to see everyone! :bighug:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic/2011/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic%2020110820%20Vogel/

1539 photos. Going to make a fresh cup of coffee before I start the slide show.

Good seeing you two at Vogel. I missed the fact that Jacque was there. So how come she wasn't helping distribute raffle prizes this year?

1539 photos. Going to make a fresh cup of coffee before I start the slide show.

Good seeing you two at Vogel. I missed the fact that Jacque was there. So how come she wasn't helping distribute raffle prizes this year?

Because there was no Chrome to show off this year, like the 4x2x4 Barrons the last time.

:)

going home, got in about 6 pm,stopped at the next rest stop,you'll just went blarrrring by,didn't catch with you again

DUNM;it was so good to see all you frends,again,sorry i couldn't remembere every one,it was so great, that i will do PORK IN THE PINES NOW,then who's knows where else,would like to say thanks to all

hope to be on the road more

lowell:bighug:

We got home yesterday afternoon...after riding in the heat and a little rain. As soon as we stopped to put on the rainsuits, it quit raining of course.

Aussie Annie and Quickstep are here with us too. Wild Hair passed us on the highway somewhere..??? Wonder where he is going?

We had a great time tho and it was definitely fun! Always great to see old faces and meet new ones. Thanks Lewis and Charlene and all your helpers. It was a great event and hope we raised alot of money for St. Jude.

Patti and Don